Predictions for The next rifle caliber/ cartridge trend

If the mass mfrs were interested in putting together the BEST rifles they would go ahead and get around to it, but they must follow the money, and I only know personally 5 other people who own a reloading press, only 2 of them know what a 6.5PRC or 7-08 and 1 knows about Rich's SST...but I know thousands of people who own at least one gun. Those thousands are where the money is for the mass mfrs.
I agree with what you are saying follow the money

Maybe name it creedmore mag or creedmore express I believe the masses would go for something like that
Feenix doe would choke on her popcorn and Daffy the creedmore duck would go blind

I appreciate you guys putting your ideas out here. The 6.5 creedmoor should have taught us not to rule any thing out in becoming a success. 264 cal had been dead for a long time with only a brief interest in the 260 rem and then resurfaced again with popularity shortly before the 6.5 creedmoor's introduction. From my understanding, the PRS crowd is still fairly saturated with 6mm. I'm sure that can change quickly over a couple of seasons.

Would like to hear your thoughts on what direction you think the next trend for caliber size & cartridge will go. I don't want to start this thread for bashing the 6.5 creedmoor but since it's the latest most popular caliber for new rifle sales among average shooters & hunters, what are predictions for another caliber & cartridge to come that will have as much commerical success as the 6.5 creedmoor? I realize the 6.5cm is here to stay and may take years for something of this commercial popularity to come back around. I know that the 6.5 does have its limitations.
Key points for it's success with the average hunter/shooter:
#1 Most of the time accuracy in many factory rifles with factory ammo is good.
#2 low recoil which is acceptable for all hunters: Elderly, youth, females, etc...
#3 affordable ammunition
#4 many economy priced rifles chambered in 6.5cm
#5 6.5 projectiles high BC( wind bucking capability & efficientcy)
#6 suitable for most commonly hunted medium sized game.

Again I state that this is not a thread for if you like or dislike the 6.5 creedmoor but I'm just using it for a basis of what would bring as much commercial success to a different caliber/ cartridge. I don't want this to turn into 40 pages of bashing or defending the 6.5 creedmoor till death due you part because those post have been done many times and the dead horse has been beat many times over. Thank you
I think 280 Ackley Improved is in a position to explode. There's more factory support for our now then there ever has and I hear more and more shooters inquiring about it then I ever have. 280A.I. just feels like it's ready to become commonplace.

I think the rimfire stuff is going to get bigger for a while as we see .22 PRS matches popping up more and more and lots of new rifles and actions released for the deuce deuce.
I also think that the ELR game is opening up and there's still lots of room for wildcat calibers to be developed in the big bore world. My next rifle will be a .338 or .375 caliber designed for 2000 yard + applications.

I'm kinda hoping we see something like a fast twist 270 or 7mm Creedmoor pops up...something to bridge the gap between the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 308. The big stuff has a place for sure, but the smaller, more efficient stuff has lots of benefits - easy to shoot, barrel life, less recoil and muzzle blast...

Would like to hear your thoughts on what direction you think the next trend for caliber size & cartridge will go. I don't want to start this thread for bashing the 6.5 creedmoor but since it's the latest most popular caliber for new rifle sales among average shooters & hunters, what are predictions for another caliber & cartridge to come that will have as much commerical success as the 6.5 creedmoor? I realize the 6.5cm is here to stay and may take years for something of this commercial popularity to come back around. I know that the 6.5 does have its limitations.
Key points for it's success with the average hunter/shooter:
#1 Most of the time accuracy in many factory rifles with factory ammo is good.
#2 low recoil which is acceptable for all hunters: Elderly, youth, females, etc...
#3 affordable ammunition
#4 many economy priced rifles chambered in 6.5cm
#5 6.5 projectiles high BC( wind bucking capability & efficientcy)
#6 suitable for most commonly hunted medium sized game.

Again I state that this is not a thread for if you like or dislike the 6.5 creedmoor but I'm just using it for a basis of what would bring as much commercial success to a different caliber/ cartridge. I don't want this to turn into 40 pages of bashing or defending the 6.5 creedmoor till death due you part because those post have been done many times and the dead horse has been beat many times over. Thank you
I am at the point where I am wanting to learn more about the Sherman short line of cartridges the way the 6.5 caliber has taken off due to efficient bullets I think the future will lean towards smaller more efficient cartridges

I'm kinda hoping we see something like a fast twist 270 or 7mm Creedmoor pops up...something to bridge the gap between the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 308. The big stuff has a place for sure, but the smaller, more efficient stuff has lots of benefits - easy to shoot, barrel life, less recoil and muzzle blast...
Maybe we will call it a 7x57

The 6.5 Creedmoor covers the 6.5 really well and makes perfect sense however we will see more and more being unhappy with the little 6.5 on wild boar or larger deer. Especially in areas where one does not want them to run too far. The Creedmoor case is in my opinion not great for 30 cal, maybe something with a rebated rim, slightly larger case diameter ~48mm case length in 30 cal. (probably been done already) Must be in short action, power of a good 30-06 but at higher pressure to work well in short barrels.
The other side of the 6.5CM, I always thought a 22-250 with tighter twist for 69-75gr is something very useful for varmint up to small deer. Maybe the CM case will do but my gut say's it might be a bit OTT.
edi

I tend to agree with the poster who said it will be better rifle development - better, cheaper carbon wrapped and threaded lighter weight rifles rather than blockbuster cartridge development as the ammo makers have made huge strides in consistency and good product already. I feel like more affordable rifle development and higher end tech capability like the Trijicon Ventus as it trickles down to consumer grade product will be more "game-changing" to the average buyer in coming years. I could be wrong, too!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.