Are you noticing a trend?

daniel_k_malloy

What I've been seeing over the past couple of weeks or so is absolutely identical to what I see in the stock market all the time.
Folks panic or "yolo" buy everything, then at first hint of reduced value, they all start trying to offload just to break even before they really get slaughtered.
I'm starting to see an awful lot of sellers looking to get rid of what they've been HOARDING this whole time.
Anyway, my $0.02, don't buy from these people. They need to learn the hard way. I suspect prices on everything are gonna be coming down in a hurry and hard to find components are about to start becoming abundant.

Soo where's all this offloading going on. I'll pay a fair market price.
That's the big indicator... people are wanting more for things than current fair market price.
There are a few things I'd buy at market value right now, but it's laughable when you see asking prices 20-30% higher than what you can literally find online right now. "Just looking to get back what I spent."

I'm not coming at you, things have gotten slightly better but we are hardly out of it yet imo. If you are savvy you can get by right now. I buy things I don't need and trade, kept my long guns fed or opened me up to other alternatives. Also been helped out on here in crunch time and passed the favor along myself.

I sell nothing, I may trade with a brother in need locally if he is in a bad way for Rotumbo or H1000 or some other white unicorn I may have set back. I've lived through a few of these component crises they do not effect me I stock way up on components when things are selling at sane prices and smile and wave at folks that didn't when this crap happens on my way to the range.

I sell nothing, I may trade with a brother in need locally if he is in a bad way for Rotumbo or H1000 or some other white unicorn I may have set back. I've lived through a few of these component crises they do not effect me I stock way up on components when things are selling at sane prices and smile and wave at folks that didn't when this crap happens on my way to the range.
I haven't bought powder in 5 years. I could easily go another 5.

I have not bought too much at inflated prices. I have purchased some H1000 at $53/Lb (from local store) and some bullets (off here) I never would have bought normally. I bought some new brass for half of what I paid for the same stuff (year ago) before this all exploded just last week. I paid a little more than a store per box due to shipping and I have not seen them available for six months. I am going to ride this out for as long as I possibly can.

Last edited:
The only thing I'm wanting for is some Berger bullets and that's because I hadn't settled on them when all this panic buying/manufacturing slowdown started. I will not get caught like this again because it's really put a cramp on my ability to shoot one of my rifles over the last year. It's also made me a lot less likely to build something in a new chambering or worse a caliber that I don't have any bullets in. It's getting better. We've been through this before and I have to believe we'll get back to normal.

I'm starting to see an awful lot of sellers looking to get rid of what they've been HOARDING this whole time.
Anyway, my $0.02, don't buy from these people. They need to learn the hard way. I suspect prices on everything are gonna be coming down in a hurry and hard to find components are about to start becoming abundant.
Are you speaking about sales on here or elsewhere?

Im doing my normal sell what I don't need to buy what I do need. Unfortunately, selling prices have to be market value because I need to turn around and buy at market value. In a world where primers are $125 /box, they are just that and it sucks.