Are people liking the Strike Eagle 3-18

I have two of them. One has been on my 22 trainer since they came out and one is NIB. They're a great entry level scope. My one example has been flawless with good glass, great reticle, holds zero, tracks well and fit and finish is good. But it's a vortex. For a gas gun, range gun or trainer I say go for it especially if you get LE/MIL discounts. If you want reliability I'd look into other options. I'll be upgraded them as funds allow.

Have mounted quite a few of these scopes on customers rifles over the past year or so. I have been quite impressed with their quality and function. That said, we had some that functioned fine but could just not get reticle and image to focus together. Shot great, tracked great. Thought it may be just my eyes but the customer reported the same thing. Quick call to vortex, send it back, new one arrived within 10 days, no issues at all with that one. Great scopes for a low to mid power rifle. I would be a little cautious mounting one on a very large rifle with very effective muzzle brake, no idea how they would handle the negative G forces in that situation. May do just fine but for a mid power rifle, i would have no issues at all mounting one and using it.

This next comment may stir the pot even more, been running the Venom 5-25x 56mm on four of my personal rifles in 22-250 AI, 260 rem, 7-08 and 284 win and could not be happier. Very similar to the Strike Eagle in function and features, just no illumination. For those applications, i would buy another $499 venom even over the Strike Eagle…….. that should get the vortex haters reved up!! 😳😁

Some might be getting the first gen 3-18 SE which is 30mm tube. The new 3-18 is 34mm and tons of elevation. My only gripe if I remember was on 18 power the reticle was kinda thick. I'm going off of memory from a year ago.

This next comment may stir the pot even more, been running the Venom 5-25x 56mm on four of my personal rifles in 22-250 AI, 260 rem, 7-08 and 284 win and could not be happier. Very similar to the Strike Eagle in function and features, just no illumination. For those applications, i would buy another $499 venom even over the Strike Eagle…….. that should get the vortex haters reved up!! 😳😁

My buddy has a Venom 5-25x56 and side by side with my SE, it's the same glass. Only difference is illumination and locking turrets. Another good, budget scope if you don't need/want an illuminated reticle.

My beef is with tube size. I thought it was going to be the perfect optic for my wife's rifle and my kids rifle until I realized it was 34 mm tube size. It's a little heavy for what it is. Everything else looks great it would be perfect if it was a 30 mm tube size.

I like the nx8- but if you're spending that kind of cash, the Vortex LHT is boss- better reticle imo, and other features. The SE is not in the same class as the LHT or the NX8. I need to look around and see what's out there again. It's been a minute.

I like the nx8- but if you're spending that kind of cash, the Vortex LHT is boss- better reticle imo, and other features. The SE is not in the same class as the LHT or the NX8. I need to look around and see what's out there again. It's been a minute.
I actually have one of those on my wife's hunting rifle and it is a great scope.
I kind of wanted something different and have always had good luck with nightforce.
I also like that the strike eagle and nx8 are both ffp.
That vortex LHT is an amazing hunting scope and is great in sfp.