Your Thoughts on the Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56

mooredj

Hi All,

Just seeing if anyone owns and has used the Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56. I just picked one up in MRAD and will use it out to 1000yds later this year. Do you like it? I know it is out of China but with a lifetime warranty I figure you can't go wrong. My friend who builds custom rifles for long range use suggested it to me. I will have mine mounted shortly and when the weather warms up a bit will get to use it out to 200yrds at first. I will let you know how it goes. Through the FFL I use I got this for $600.

David

I had a new one sitting in the box when my Vudoo 22 arrived. Installed to get shooting right away and haven't felt the need to switch yet. No issues. I will upgrade, but have been tied up.

I have one in my 6.5 Creed, it is bright and so far since I got it have only tested out to 200yds, but will be opening it up here very soon. So far, I like it.

It's solid for the price. The turrets are more robust than the pst Gen 2. I have a Arken sh4 Gen 2 a ep4 and a DMR2 to compare it to. I told a buddy today how I felt about it compared to the Arken ep4 6-24, I told him the strike eagle is the leather loaded pick up truck, the Arken is the work truck series.
Both new trucks but the strike eagle is a more refined design in my opinion. It's a pretty nice 700$ scope. I'm not getting rid of it to buy a another Arken. I'd probably pick up another DMR2 if I was going to spend 7-800$ though.

I have the 5 x 25 x 56mm MOA Venom mounted on Weatherby Vanguard 25-06. Have only taken it to 400 yds so far. I'll probably only take to 1000 just for kicks. Loving it…no problems at all

Bought three of them. Surprised how clear they are for the money. Put one on a. 300 weatherby out to 1,0000 yards. Shoots fine not a pst gen Ii but good for the money.
34mm tube has advantages. The zero stop will work but not as robust as the pst gen II

I now use mostly Kahles and Night Force but bought a Strike Eagle for use in 22 matches. I have to say it's probably the best scope for the money I have seen in a very long time. I actually much prefer it over a Viper PST Gen I I have on a .308. I'll probably put this on the .308 and sell the PST.

Hi All,

Just seeing if anyone owns and has used the Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56. I just picked one up in MRAD and will use it out to 1000yds later this year. Do you like it? I know it is out of China but with a lifetime warranty I figure you can't go wrong. My friend who builds custom rifles for long range use suggested it to me. I will have mine mounted shortly and when the weather warms up a bit will get to use it out to 200yrds at first. I will let you know how it goes. Through the FFL I use I got this for $600.

David
David, I put my first 34mm milrad strike eagle on my custom 284 LRR and love it. Clear as a bell, easy to fine focuse, dials sharp with clicks/ pop up caps, easy zero stop. A must on LR shooting, FFP Christmas tree in mrad , You made a excellent choice for the money spent.