Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 failure

After setting behind one for hours upon hours waiting to shoot bad people.... I guess you could say I am a tad bit biased towards leupolds and nightforce. Drag one up and down stairs over roof tops bounce it off all kind of stuff it's not supposed to and still have them work like a champ.... I guess my bar too low... maybe I need to up my expectations since long range deer hunting is so much more demanding
Well said Sir!

I own hundreds of scopes.(no Vortex) Nightforce, Leopold, S&B, Leupold, Leica, and Zeiss. I don't have a clue how good their customer service is. I have not had to use it. I think that tells more about a scope than if they will send you a new scope when it fails.

I don't know if it is the same for you , but the more scopes I own, the less I am using them. That might be why they rarely need to go to the repair shop :)
Some get more use than others. I have no self control.:rolleyes:

Yes. So the first scope was indeed bad. After removing it, I put my Sig back on and continued shooting the rifle. It would appear that as soon as the first replacement scope arrived, my rifle decided to become a bit of a poopy pants. The magazine box was binding and the action screws would not hold torque. I had a smith look at it and he trimmed the bottom of the stock a bit and got everything to fit together properly. It's one of those cases where after the first failure, you become a little bias and place blame a little too quick. But Vortex took good care of me and it appears that the scope I got back is indeed functioning well. I haven't been able to really test it out because I finally went back to work. But so far so good
Thank you for your update I got one of these for Christmas with the Vortex matching set of rings will not be able to mount it until my rifle arrives. I was getting a bit nervous but glad they took care of you. Have typically used Burris, Luepolds and Bushnels, and have a couple of other Vortex optics that have had minimal issues.

After setting behind one for hours upon hours waiting to shoot bad people.... I guess you could say I am a tad bit biased towards leupolds and nightforce. Drag one up and down stairs over roof tops bounce it off all kind of stuff it's not supposed to and still have them work like a champ.... I guess my bar too low... maybe I need to up my expectations since long range deer hunting is so much more demanding

I just saw that he said that lol…people are so loyal towards gear. I won't be hearing a response since I guess he got the boot.

Glad scope issue is resolved.

Recent Posts