Are you Satisfied?

jimisbell

Am I the only one that is not contributing to the Shortage? Am I the only one that has all I need on the shelf (not that much, but I am not planning for the apocalypse either) and not looking to getting any more till prices drop?
Over the years I just get what I need to keep a decent supply and dont respond to every little , "Hey, guys, I found this......" .

I too am waiting,have 10 or 11 pounds of Varget thanks to some being gifted to me,1500 or so small rifle primers and about that many large rifle primers.A liitle short maybe on 223 brass but not in really bad shape there yet.Also have 2 pounds of H4895

Last edited:
Still looking for N570 and 230 Berger's for my Dad's 300 RUM. He decided to play with things and changed what I want to do with it. Prior to that, we were set.

I only need like 3 lbs of N570 and about 4-500 230 Berger Non-OTM if you got em', haha.

Last edited:
I make it a habit to buy ammo at the same time as a new gun and I buy about 250 to 500 rounds and then set it by knowing I will be ok for a while without causing a shortage with future purchases....LOL. I was lucky I bought 1000 rounds of Lake City 2020 50BMG right after I got the rifle and the gun came with 10# of powder and 750 rounds of brass. And when I got my self protection side arm, a P40, I won 400 rounds of S&W 40 just a few days later in a contest. I have 2,000 rounds of 7.62x39 and God only knows how many rounds of 9mm Para Bellum that I bought at 19 cents a round when I got my P08 Luger.
If I buy the ammo when I get the gun I dont need to worry about the ups and downs of the market.
My recent purchase of a KelTec KSG-25 shotgun that will hold 41 rounds of shorty 12GA required some looking around for the ammo I wanted, 12GA, 1 3/4", slugs, but I did find it, finally, the same way I found the gun, with an ongoing search on Ammoseek.com. Got 200 rounds for 25 cents a round. I will never shoot that much unless an army attacks the house. BUT the gun does hold 20% of my stock at one loading so I figured 200 rounds was not too much.

Last edited:
Whether thats too much or not depends on your shooting style and the size of the cartridge you are filling. That 10# of 50BMG isnt a lot when you consider the size of the cartridge. About the same as 1# for loading 9mm.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that is not contributing to the Shortage? Am I the only one that has all I need on the shelf (not that much, but I am not planning for the apocalypse either) and not looking to getting any more till prices drop?
Over the years I just get what I need to keep a decent supply and dont respond to every little , "Hey, guys, I found this......" .
Just like stocks and commodities I buy components when prices are down so I don't end up out of luck every time there's another panic.

It sounds like the tail of two cities. It's good to buy cheap and stack deep, but some of less fortunate are scrounging for whatever they can get. I'm collecting all the components for a new cartridge that is waiting on the action. I've got dies and bushings on back order, but have brass, powder, and bullets ready to go. Down to about 300 LR primers. Patience is key the to not getting gouged.

Jim
Hope that your shoulder is feeling better.
glad that you are not buying bullets and powder so the rest of us can get what you don't buy.

Well, not to brag but i've got almost a full pound of retumbo on my shelf......
Unfortunately that won't go very far with any of the large case magnums drinking 80-120gr per shot.

Of course, that's why I have my small stuff for my high volume shooting.

A pound of powder goes a really long way with a .204 Rug or .220 Swift.:D

I'm about to have to buy a new cabinet to hold all of the reloading stuff I have bought in the last 12 months. I've probably got 50lbs+ of powder now, 10k primers, and 5k bullets. In addition to a pretty serious supply of factory ammo..

I'm gonna sit the next shortage out, you guys let me know how it goes.