Are you Satisfied?

Actually I am in the market for some 50cal bullets, but not an immediate need. I have enough brass and powder for the foreseeable future considering how frail my shoulder seems to be....LOL Its healing fine. Should be fine next month when we go to Terlingua. Still cant reach fully straight up, but its my left shoulder and I am right handed so the gun shouldnt hurt me.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that won't go very far with any of the large case magnums drinking 80-120gr per shot.

Of course, that's why I have my small stuff for my high volume shooting.

A pound of powder goes a really long way with a .204 Rug or .220 Swift.:D
Sarcasm. haha I've got a RUM and that partial can would load about 50 rounds. Luckily I've also got 2 (almost) full kegs of LRT.

I've got pretty much all I need. I was short on brass but with some help from some good members here I am set now. I had some bullets that weren't going to get used so I helped others that were looking. Got to help each other out when possible. My buddy called and offered me 700 SRP yesterday for $6 per hundred! Now if I could only find some federal LRP for $6

Oh,.... I was thinking 55 gallon drum. I have a keg + 2 pounds of 50bmg, but that wont go as far as 55 gallons.........LOL

Wow, that really sounds cool. I have a Keg of powder. I need to call my neighbors and tell them I have a Keg of powder in the house.......LOL

I will bet the fire department will put me on the "no fly list"

Last edited:
Darn
Our Kegs of powder are only 32lbs. Something with the way pack/ship. Something about OSHA and lifting regulations for one person to lift.
The Kegs are not actually "Round" in shape. Kind of square sides and round Top & Bottom. Could only get these in H-4895, H-4350. Our Varget, Retumbo, H-4831SC, H-1000, RE 26 are in 8 Lb Jugs.
Don't get caught like in 2008. Stack um high and deep!
Don't have to worry about a house fire & explosion. Smokeless powder does not blow up unless confined. You can pour gas over an 8 lb jug, set it on fire and it will only burn.D

Nope I'm ok. I also don't shoot even close to my normal. I would say I shoot about 10-20% of my norm. I also will not pay the current insane prices.

I may pay more than when it took off depending on what it is. Currently my max is $50 with no hazmat for only one powder H1000. Everything else better be dang close to $40 or less.
Primers I have about 3 I would pay 50/1000. The rest not until close to 40. I turned down up to 5000 209A for $65/1000 at local LGS last month.

I'm about to have to buy a new cabinet to hold all of the reloading stuff I have bought in the last 12 months. I've probably got 50lbs+ of powder now, 10k primers, and 5k bullets. In addition to a pretty serious supply of factory ammo..

I'm gonna sit the next shortage out, you guys let me know how it goes.
Glad that amount will work for you. My base before November 2020 I'll just say more than 3x yours. I have never in been like this. When this comes around and it will.

Rest assured I won't have one worry for the next 25-30 years.

Oh,.... I was thinking 55 gallon drum. I have a keg + 2 pounds of 50bmg, but that wont go as far as 55 gallons.........LOL

Wow, that really sounds cool. I have a Keg of powder. I need to call my neighbors and tell them I have a Keg of powder in the house.......LOL

I will bet the fire department will put me on the "no fly list"
Not if they have any sense.

It's not going to blow unless it's under pressure, otherwise you just get a big flash.

Darn
Our Kegs of powder are only 32lbs. Something with the way pack/ship. Something about OSHA and lifting regulations for one person to lift.
The Kegs are not actually "Round" in shape. Kind of square sides and round Top & Bottom. Could only get these in H-4895, H-4350. Our Varget, Retumbo, H-4831SC, H-1000, RE 26 are in 8 Lb Jugs.
Don't get caught like in 2008. Stack um high and deep!
Don't have to worry about a house fire & explosion. Smokeless powder does not blow up unless confined. You can pour gas over an 8 lb jug, set it on fire and it will only burn.D
I would love to have a 32lb keg of Retumbo or RL50.