Are you noticing a trend?

I'm still playing with it. Not hooked. Went absolutely bat crazy velocities on me in 100 degrees this summer.
Not temperature insensitive for sure, and sure not over 85 or 90. Loads developed in 70 degree Michigan weather were not
"Texas Proof" in August. Pushing a 250 grain pill 3400 plus with scenar bullets out of a .338 LM is not normal or safe.
Maybe with hammers......not Scenars.

Luckily the last big Obama scare got me motivated and I stacked it deep. I was panicked last week that I was running of loaded, practice 9mm (I really only load rifle and special pistol stuff) and I found another stash of 2k rounds under the guest bed.

The supply does seem to be getting a little better, but it is a long way from good. I only buy when I really need it.

What I've been seeing over the past couple of weeks or so is absolutely identical to what I see in the stock market all the time.
Folks panic or "yolo" buy everything, then at first hint of reduced value, they all start trying to offload just to break even before they really get slaughtered.
I'm starting to see an awful lot of sellers looking to get rid of what they've been HOARDING this whole time.
Anyway, my $0.02, don't buy from these people. They need to learn the hard way. I suspect prices on everything are gonna be coming down in a hurry and hard to find components are about to start becoming abundant.

What I've been seeing over the past couple of weeks or so is absolutely identical to what I see in the stock market all the time.
Folks panic or "yolo" buy everything, then at first hint of reduced value, they all start trying to offload just to break even before they really get slaughtered.
I'm starting to see an awful lot of sellers looking to get rid of what they've been HOARDING this whole time.
Anyway, my $0.02, don't buy from these people. They need to learn the hard way. I suspect prices on everything are gonna be coming down in a hurry and hard to find components are about to start becoming abundant.
I do believe on your quote about everything coming down you are wrong I work for a major sporting goods retailer and prices are going to be going up in the next couple weeks not down

I do believe on your quote about everything coming down you are wrong I work for a major sporting goods retailer and prices are going to be going up in the next couple weeks not down
It seems as though there's a "new normal" for prices on components and that seems be around 40-50% more than it was a couple years ago. I know the most I've paid for primers, specifically, was $80/1k and I was ****ed at myself for it. I bought 4 pounds of powder the other day and walked out the door for $175. They had some stuff I use and figured I'd get it, didn't even bother asking how much it was until I checked out. Stuff is just going to be more expensive with inflation going the way it is. I know the last stimulus check I got went straight to Dillon for a progressive. It sucks becasue that ended up drying up my SP primers. Luckily I've found some since, $45/1k once and $80/1k for a second time. All my other primers besides new guns that I haven't ever needed a size of primer for are well stocked enough for the amount of shooting those guns get. Powders have been relatively easy for me to find but I'm not running out to burn them up as fast as I can either, I guess I'm sort of in survival mode at the moment, not wanting to get rid of what I do have/need.

Last edited:
What ****es me off are these jackasses that somehow buy up all the new stock then list it on Gun Broker for triple the price or more. I won't buy any of it and hope they end up eating it. With username like powder gal, it's not hard to see what's going on.

I do not know what is happening ! iI have been trying to buy a 50 caliber HAWKINS flint lock for about 6 weeks . Every i looked out of stock and they do not know when or if they will get any . TRADITIONS email says to order one and wait . NO WAY WILL I DO THIS price was raised $ 200 in 2 weeks . GOOD NEWS I WAS NOTIFIED .222 SHELLS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT SPORTSMAN WAREHOUSE .

Local Amish mill he cuts cheap even if his scale is using fuzzy math probably reminiscent of the new common core math taught in school. 1.5"x3.5"x96"=3.5bdft his math showed 5bdft. I laughed said wow that's some fuzzy math but whatever, what's my bill. $337 comes out to $1 per 8' of 2x4. No reason to make big deal out of his fuzzy math between friends he always lets me jump the line when I show up with logs and load them straight onto his log deck instead of waiting in turn. I'll pay a bit of a premium with a smile 😀