Looking into Interest in a Scope/Action Cover for Hunting

Not always but smetimes my shots may come quickly between trees or brush and not sure I would have the time to unwrap my action for a quick shot.Just my opinion.
This is my concern also. I rarely use my sling for the same reason. If covering and area that is open and has no game it could be useful. But if I sling my rifle, something pops up from seemingly nowhere.

Something like that would have been handy last deer season opener here in Kentucky!!! I didn't even think about tape or my beloved balloons for the muzzle. We had rain, sleet, ice, and snow... it got into everything. I needed my toboggan for my head!! It was a mess.

I can also see having something for dust, sun, rain, etc.

Seems like electrical tape for the muzzle and an inner tube for the scope gets it 90% covered. Make the cut of the inner tube long enough and maybe it would protect the action from the top? Dunno on that. All that's missing is a simple solve for the bottom metal region. I've no ideas for that. Maybe a rubber skirt around the trigger on top of the trigger guard inside the stock to create a bit of a labyrinth seal at that opening? Would likely need some development time to insure it's safe and doesn't interfere with anything, and doesn't make the problem worse.

Stealthy Hunter may be what you're looking for. They are made for protecting the rifle while backpack hunting and it comes with a muzzle cover also.

Seems like electrical tape for the muzzle and an inner tube for the scope gets it 90% covered. Make the cut of the inner tube long enough and maybe it would protect the action from the top? Dunno on that. All that's missing is a simple solve for the bottom metal region. I've no ideas for that. Maybe a rubber skirt around the trigger on top of the trigger guard inside the stock to create a bit of a labyrinth seal at that opening? Would likely need some development time to insure it's safe and doesn't interfere with anything, and doesn't make the problem worse.
Thank you for your thoughts.

I used to hunt alot in snow and subzero temps here in Minnesota. I like flip up covers to protect the lens. It also protects against breath fogging them up. I can't imagine snow and cold being a trigger problem unless you drop it in deep snow. I only use dry lubes or synthetic oils in my guns. Conventional oils and WD-40 can freeze up gun parts. Many guys hunt coyotes here in the winter. Snow and wind makes you harder to spot. I don't shoot from a bench if it is cold, below 15 F. or very wet heavy snow.
I do hunt in those conditions. I think it takes practice to learn how to protect optics.
ANd my rifle is a Tikka, LOL.

Last edited:
Something like that would have been handy last deer season opener here in Kentucky!!! I didn't even think about tape or my beloved balloons for the muzzle. We had rain, sleet, ice, and snow... it got into everything. I needed my toboggan for my head!! It was a mess.

I can also see having something for dust, sun, rain, etc.
It sure was a wet cold mess opening day in Ky. My trigger never froze but I sure felt like I was going to. All that wet stuff caused me to mistake a lil spike for an 8 point buck... lol. Anyway, hung it up in the barn and the wet hide was frozen by nightfall. Sure made me question hunting in those conditions but sure could have used some cover for me and the rifle.

After living and hunting in the NW for 35 years I use a Tubb T7T trigger for this very reason. If you shoot a 700 and have the cash it is the answer. Go to the website. Watch the videos. It's one of the few open architecture triggers any more. Ice has a place to go and the trigger will work.

After living and hunting in the NW for 35 years I use a Tubb T7T trigger for this very reason. If you shoot a 700 and have the cash it is the answer. Go to the website. Watch the videos. It's one of the few open architecture triggers any more. Ice has a place to go and the trigger will work.
Thank you Hock!