Scope Lens Covers While Hunting

Over the years I've tried all manner of scope lense covers/protectors. Slide on, screw in, etc... in light precipitation and blowing dust all function pretty well. In serious atmospheric conditions, think western Washington November rain, Wyoming blowing dust, heavy snow all fail over time. Once "stuff" get under them drying or cleaning the lenses with the cover on in the field is not a joy. I have exclusively use the rubber, stretch bikini scope protectors that you rip off when needed for years now. For me they're a real working solution. Cheap too.

I have tried a few of the flip up caps. Tenebraex are best for that, but all still seem to flip up/catch on gear. Now I prefer the ones that are rubber that fit kind of snug. Wrap 550 chord around the scope tube so it doesn't get lost. I believe These are the best for weatherproofing as well.
Can you post a picture?

Zip ties work too.

0DDA489E-F4DE-41BF-B2D8-9F1730784E3A.jpeg

you definitely want to protect quality glass. I like the caps that open quickly, and I practice opening them as i quickly shoulder the rifle. You can be pretty quick at it! My brother spent most of an elk hunt trying to wipe water and condensation from his Leupold as we stalked a herd. Every time he got ready for a shot he couldn't see, then the opportunity would change. Very frustrating! it would have been much quicker to pop caps and shoot :) The caps also protect it from dust in the safe and during transport! Good luck

you definitely want to protect quality glass. I like the caps that open quickly, and I practice opening them as i quickly shoulder the rifle. You can be pretty quick at it! My brother spent most of an elk hunt trying to wipe water and condensation from his Leupold as we stalked a herd. Every time he got ready for a shot he couldn't see, then the opportunity would change. Very frustrating! it would have been much quicker to pop caps and shoot :) The caps also protect it from dust in the safe and during transport! Good luck
A small squirt bottle with alcohol in it works great. I used everclear for years, a trick I learned in the family Pharmacy.