Looking into Interest in a Scope/Action Cover for Hunting

Thank you Hock!
Thank you all for your candid honest replies. I have contacted Emman at Scopeshield and he is stopping the project. Hopefully you eill check out his scope covers .
I also learned a lesson on this. Never assume people want or need something unless you ask them first.

Thank you Hock!

After living and hunting in the NW for 35 years I use a Tubb T7T trigger for this very reason. If you shoot a 700 and have the cash it is the answer. Go to the website. Watch the videos. It's one of the few open architecture triggers any more. Ice has a place to go and the trigger will work.
Thank you Hock!

You're welcome Hunter.
It's not a real popular option but the trigger is what it says it is. I own three. It's two stage but the first stage it adjustable right out so all you've got is a sweet trigger. I prefer the two stage personally.

To the fella that was talking about hunting in foul weather. A good friend of mine used to wait for the worst weather of the season. He and his wife would bundle up and go out. Never failed. Deer had to move in the wind. It was NOT snow and freezing temperatures though. Western Washington.

In Colorado, 8600' now. Happy hunting.
The Hock

After much searching around over the years, I have found these as my solution for hunting the crappy weather of the NW...
This for rifle cover:
This for scope cover:

Something like that would have been handy last deer season opener here in Kentucky!!! I didn't even think about tape or my beloved balloons for the muzzle. We had rain, sleet, ice, and snow... it got into everything. I needed my toboggan for my head!! It was a mess.

I can also see having something for dust, sun, rain, etc.
Ice wasn't there when I climbed up…

Attachments

• CE337DF8-669E-4ED6-BD12-729476CFD80E.jpeg
    CE337DF8-669E-4ED6-BD12-729476CFD80E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
After reading a thread on another forum about trigger misfires due to freezing from snow and ice, I started looking for what is available to help protect the trigger guard area on bolt action rifles.
I ran across a company named Scopeshield in Oregon who makes scope covers. They currently sell a scope cover for benchrest shooters that has extended flaps on either side of the scope cover that also cover the action and trigger guard.
It's open at the bottom and I thought if the flaps could be snapped together at the bottom, it could enclose the trigger for protection.
I emailed Emman at Scopeshield and asked him what he could do for us hunters in foul weather.
Here is Emman's response…

Hello Randy,
Just to let you know that we're still in the process of evaluating several designs that may fit your needs but it's a bit complicated.

Treating any firearm as if it's loaded. We need to make sure that we're not creating a safety hazard. We're also being careful that we're not creating the exact opposite where water or snow will accumulate in or around the trigger guard.

We'll know more in the days ahead.

Thank you for your patience,

Emman
ScopeShield, Inc.
1574 Coburg Road Suite 386
Eugene, Oregon 97401

Does anybody have interest in this product?
I welcome any suggestions of what you would like to see in the finished product.
Their current Action Express runs $39.95. I'm not sure what the finished product will cost at this point. Hopefully we can get a forum price.
Here is a link to their current product…Let me know what you think!

I own some of their products. Some Leupold scopes come with one of their shields included, or at least they used to.
I would not want to hunt with one in place. It takes too long to get it off of the scope and if one was in place when a big buck suddenly showed up in front of you, he could easily be out of range before you removed the scope shield and got the rifle back up into shooting position. You would be better off with flip up scope covers. I know that does not address the trigger situation, but it is the best I can do right now.

I own some of their products. Some Leupold scopes come with one of their shields included, or at least they used to.
I would not want to hunt with one in place. It takes too long to get it off of the scope and if one was in place when a big buck suddenly showed up in front of you, he could easily be out of range before you removed the scope shield and got the rifle back up into shooting position. You would be better off with flip up scope covers. I know that does not address the trigger situation, but it is the best I can do right now.
Yes I have alumina covers.
The rear cover keeps popping open rubbing against my pack. The front cover is fine.

Yes I have alumina covers.
The rear cover keeps popping open rubbing against my pack. The front cover is fine.
Try rotating the release button on the farside from the pack, so the cover flips open to the side which wont matter when shooting. Can do similar with the front cover as well.