Looking for a scope?

Nevada/shooter

hello
Purchased a new rifle for long range / Hunting. Christensen Arms classic 338 Lapua. Now I'm looking for a good scope something in the 5-20 X 50mm with 30mm tube or? Looking for something around 2k. Looking to set-up a good 1000-1200 yard gun. Will do my own reloading. Been looking at Huskemaw and night force. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Steve

hello
Purchased a new rifle for long range / Hunting. Christensen Arms classic 338 Lapua. Now I'm looking for a good scope something in the 5-20 X 50mm with 30mm tube or? Looking for something around 2k. Looking to set-up a good 1000-1200 yard gun. Will do my own reloading. Been looking at Huskemaw and night force. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Steve
Check out Eurooptic.com they have the Gen 2 Razors on closeout.

Look at the new trijicon accupower it's a pretty darn nice piece of glass for the money, and it fits in your budget.

Last edited:
Look at the new trijicon accumark it's a pretty darn nice piece of glass for the money, and it fits in your budget.[/QUOTE
hello
Thanks
Steve
Look at Zeiss V6 5-30X50. I own two great glass, tracks well and holds zero. Everyone has there preference but look through one!

hello
Thanks
Steve

SFP or FFP?

Might be able to find a lightly used AtacR for around 2k, better glass than the NXS series and just as tough, and just as reliable turrets.
I personally prefer second focal plane because most of my scopes aren't very high power, so when I'm shooting long range I'm on max power anyways, and it makes the reticle nice and thin.
If I had a 4-30 or something with a crazy range like that maybe I'd consider FFP but most of my stuff is 4-16x so I don't see a need for the hard to read reticle at 4x and the overly thick reticle at 16x I've seen from most manufacturers. To each their own.

I would highly recommend the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 for the price range you are looking at. It is built strong enough to hold up to the Lapua and the tracking is spot-on every time. Glass is great and I absolutely love the NF Zero-Stop system. I have the NXS and the 5-25x56 ATAC-R and really enjoy using both. IF you are okay with going to the $2,600 range for the ATAC-R, I would recommend going that route. If not, then get the NXS. You will not be disappointed in either scope IMO.
The FFP vs SFP is a matter of preference. I prefer SFP myself, but know others who prefer FFP.
MIL vs MOA is also preference and what you know and understand.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.