Looking into Interest in a Scope/Action Cover for Hunting

Yes I have alumina covers.
The rear cover keeps popping open rubbing against my pack. The front cover is fine.
I have alumina covers on a scope too and am on the fence. I really like the design but have also had them flip open unintentionally. I need another hunting season to tell if I want to stick with them. It rains a lot in my state, add sleet and snow during elk season. In the coast range its super brushy so quick shots are important.... whats always worked for me over the years is a simple cheap rubber bikini style scope cover but I loop a rubber band to the front (objective end) then loop that to the barrel/stock (inside the sling swivel). I add another one on the off side near the rear lens securing to the scope body itself so when I pull the scope cover and release it flips off in one motion and flips to the off side of the action (rather than dangle down) keeping the scope cover close to the rifle and less likely to snag on any brush if I need to move quickly.
Everything is a trade off, but Ive found that letting the scope lens fill with even light rain is a total deal breaker sighting in on game but the extra 1.5 seconds to flip off a bikini scope cover is workable.

19000_Bikini_OnGun_Representative2.jpg

Sorry, no interest! I have one that covers the scope/action and the muzzle.

https://triadtactical.com/triad-padded-scope-and-muzzle-cover/

Other options:

Been using those rifle covers for years. Mine do not have the snaps. Must not have made them with snaps when they came out years ago. Thats a nice addition. Sometimes they tend to spin on the rifle while carrying long distances. Velcro would work as well. I've been putting a Velcro strap around mine mid rifle area These work the best when precipitation is present particularly wet snow

Been using those rifle covers for years. Mine do not have the snaps. Must not have made them with snaps when they came out years ago. Thats a nice addition. Sometimes they tend to spin on the rifle while carrying long distances. Velcro would work as well. I've been putting a Velcro strap around mine mid rifle area These work the best when precipitation is present particularly wet snow
Thanks for the links Pilot.
These look like a good design.

Thanks for the links Pilot.
These look like a good design.
I just realized Feenix added the rifle cover links. Thank you much Feenix!

I always sit on my pack and smash my lunch. lol
as long as its not a PBJ... :p
Next Adventure (Portland) used to sell these folding sit pads for like 2 bucks, I get a lot of use from one during hunting season.

Im still thinking of getting one of the scopshields you originally referenced, but only for when the rifle is strapped to a pack for a hike in (or hauling meat out) to protect the scope. Otherwise I just think a simple bikini style scope cover works fine for PNW storms and is fast to deploy. I agree, if Im moving im carrying the rifle in hand scope uncovered. It generally doesnt get cold enough here to freeze actions, though close on a few November elk hunts on the eastern side it has, Ive only worried about it few times over the years. I wonder if I could take a piece of scrap neoprene material and make an action wrap held on with a velcro strap or something....

Next Adventure (Portland) used to sell these folding sit pads for like 2 bucks, I get a lot of use from one during hunting season.

Im still thinking of getting one of the scopshields you originally referenced, but only for when the rifle is strapped to a pack for a hike in (or hauling meat out) to protect the scope. Otherwise I just think a simple bikini style scope cover works fine for PNW storms and is fast to deploy. I agree, if Im moving im carrying the rifle in hand scope uncovered. It generally doesnt get cold enough here to freeze actions, though close on a few November elk hunts on the eastern side it has, Ive only worried about it few times over the years. I wonder if I could take a piece of scrap neoprene material and make an action wrap held on with a velcro strap or something....
You probably could wrap it around the action and velcro it yo the Scopeshield.

I'm over worrying about frozen triggers.
I don't know why I even get on Rokslide? It's either a product bashing or a used clothing sale.

You probably could wrap it around the action and velcro it yo the Scopeshield.
I think I would want the two things separate. Protecting the trigger from freezing is a separate issue and mostly at night while Im sleeping.
I'm over worrying about frozen triggers.
I don't know why I even get on Rokslide? It's either a product bashing or a used clothing sale.
Im in Oregon, were virtually in the same environment. Ive never had a frozen trigger here... Most times its just cold, but once in a while it can get dangerously cold. Its something to be aware of anyways.

I live in Aberdeen WA and hunt locally . Don't use scope covers or rifle covers. Never had issues with triggers not working. Even when hunting in Okanogan no trouble with scope or triggers. Did try scope covers once and when I did see something to shoot at both lenses were fogged over when I flipped off the covers. The caveat is we don't get really cold weather here often enough to worry about it. Every 10 years or so get a cold spell, lots of rain though. Just carry rifle horizontal. Use a dry lube on the moving stuff.