Lab Radar vs MagnetoSpeed

So will this fancy radar unit identify a bullet's speed and path in flight, and then correct bullet flight to ensure bullet impact to the vitals out to the distance the bullet maintains minimum expansion velocity? Or to at least 1500 yds?

So will this fancy radar unit identify a bullet's speed and path in flight, and then correct bullet flight to ensure bullet impact to the vitals out to the distance the bullet maintains minimum expansion velocity? Or to at least 1500 yds?

LOL! I get where you're coming from. I've seen this unit used twice at classes (one on a hillside), and the ease of set up really appeals to me.

Availability, repeatability, cost, accuracy, useable life etc. I need more info about, but I can see using it more than the MagnetoSpeed, or other chrony I've worked with.

More data from more shots, in more conditions, (if it's good) should improve firing solutions overall.

Have them both and use them both magneto and labradar when beginning to determine powder charge node. Then labradar for bullet seating depth. Then back to both for speed verification. Then labradar for confirming drops. About 150-200 rounds thru the barrel at this point including some barrel break in. If just one Labradar. Tigger or no trigger seems to vary a small amount. I beleive Labradar calibrates on radar pickup and checks the trigger in their process to confirm. The magneto speed can have mounting issues and muzzle break issues especially with thinner barrels. Also I shoot only one rifle that is not a magnum no muzzle break. The rest have breaks with no issues using the labradar if you follow Labradar's direction for setup. Directions on YouTube. Oh and as OP suggest use a battery pack much easier and you can add the weight to help stabilize the Labradar in wind.

Last edited: