Now Shipping - Amazing New LabRadar Doppler Radar Chronograph

Our next shipment arrives next week. Those are all spoken for. Pre-orders placed now will ship from the following shipment estimated for late May.

LabRadar seems to be fully up and running now with relatively consistent shipments so I would expect the worst case scenario to be early June.

Our next shipment arrives next week. Those are all spoken for. Pre-orders placed now will ship from the following shipment estimated for late May.

LabRadar seems to be fully up and running now with relatively consistent shipments so I would expect the worst case scenario to be early June.

Great news! Hope the wait was worth it.

Did they make it in???

Im itching to try this thing out and get some strings started. Midway had them in stock for about a few hours and I had one to purchase but backed out knowing I was getting one with this weeks new delivery here. :)

Last edited:
Ronin001

They are going to ship to us any day. They were going through customs and on to the distributor earlier this week.

We have one shipment arriving today and another coming in about a week. These two shipments are all spoken for.

New LabRadar pre-orders will ship out of the next shipment which we expect to receive in mid to late June.

We have one shipment arriving today and another coming in about a week. These two shipments are all spoken for.

New LabRadar pre-orders will ship out of the next shipment which we expect to receive in mid to late June.

Any guess as to when they will be regular in stock items?

I have a feeling there will be some left after we ship pre-orders from the June shipment. Hard to say how long they'll stay in stock.

I would guess fall before we have them in stock most of the time.

I have a feeling there will be some left after we ship pre-orders from the June shipment. Hard to say how long they'll stay in stock.

I would guess fall before we have them in stock most of the time.

pre ordering now. Thanks.

Well, it sounds like there are some that made it out to users. How are you guys liking them? I'm sure they must be awesome after having to deal with the problems of lesser technologies. After using standard screen type of chrono for several years now, it is apparent to me that this technology has a couple of main important advantages over others that have been in use so far. You guys probably already know what they are.

Here's a great read on chronographs, and the Labradar is mentioned.

Now here's a kicker that shocked me last night, off the subject of chronographs but directly related...from the famous Houston Warehouse Precision Shooting project, an excerpt of what Dave Scott wrote:
Myths Busted:

• Powder charges, as long as they were fairly consistent and bracketed within a couple of grains, were not important. He threw all of his charges with a Belding & Mull powder measure, and for one experiment he shot groups using three different powder measure settings (51, 52 & 53) … all three groups were identical.
I just find that hard to believe unless the 3 charge levels don't produce significantly different velocities. And wouldn't the effect be more or less pronounce by the burn speed of the powder? Even if you're in the middle of one of Newberry's OCW nodes, +/- 1 gr should make a significant difference, no?

I'm not Bryan Litz or Dave Scott so I don't understand how significant variances in charges don't make a difference in group size. We're not just talking groups of charge levels, we're talking random charging because they mentioned throwing charges from a powder drop vs weighing each charge results in the same accuracy. Sorry, but my mind has been blown. Why am I weighing each charge to within kernels of 4831 or Varget if I could just throw them? My experience is that the latter decreases accuracy. For sure it affects velocity in all cases I have seen over thousands of rounds hand loaded and speedchecked.

If this conversation should be over in the reloading section, sorry for the distraction but now I'm a bit puzzled about weights, speed, consistency which I thought all affected accuracy. Everything is going out the window.

My first chrono was one I designed and built in 1986 (wirewrap vectorboard circuits), but it along with the Z80 based PC I used were destroyed in the Loma Prieta earthquake in '89. I lived 1 mile from the epicenter. I never "productized" it and raising a family and work reduced my shooting to hardly ever for some years back then. Chronos really aren't very complicated.

Well, it sounds like there are some that made it out to users. How are you guys liking them? I'm sure they must be awesome after having to deal with the problems of lesser technologies. After using standard screen type of chrono for several years now, it is apparent to me that this technology has a couple of main important advantages over others that have been in use so far.

This one and the magneto get past the problem of inconsistent/inaccurate readings due to the angle of the bullet travel not being perfectly parallel to the sensors, thereby inducing computational errors because of distance between sensor variances. While using mine it has occurred to me that if you are 3 degrees off parallel, that's almost 1% change in distance between sensors, so 3000 fps turns to 2970. Man it took me a long time for that to really sink in. lightbulb Hmmm...so if I'm tilted up 3 degrees on shot and down 3 another that's a 60 fps difference when there was no difference in true speed! What does that do to your stats??? Now I have to throw away all of my records...kidding, but they are now looked at with a jaundiced eye. I guess I have to assume the highest velocities attributed to a given load are the true ones where I had everything lined up perfectly. All this to shoot a deer or pigs at 600 yards, LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.