Now Shipping - Amazing New LabRadar Doppler Radar Chronograph

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
LabRadar in stock and shipping!

For more information and to place an Order - CLICK HERE.

Labradar is the simplest, most accurate system available for measuring bullet velocity. Simply place the unit near the shooter and turn it on!

My-personal-radar.jpg

LabRadar is not actually a chronograph at all, but rather an extremely accurate Doppler Radar. Doppler Radar has been used by defense agencies and ballistic laboratories for many years for research and development of all sorts of projectiles, but the units were bulky and extremely expensive. The manufacturer of LabRadar has been an industry leader in Doppler Radar for over 20 years and is proud to offer the same outstanding technology in a compact, affordable and easy to use package.

LabRadar Setup and Use - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
curious if getting velocity readings over 100 yards would be enough to get a accurate G7 BC? I would think it would be enough because the G7 wouldnt be very velocity sensitive.

curious if getting velocity readings over 100 yards would be enough to get a accurate G7 BC? I would think it would be enough because the G7 wouldnt be very velocity sensitive.

Do you need to measure the BC of a custom bullet? If not, Bryan Litz probably has already done the work and measured the BC to a more accurate number than anyone could decipher in only 100 yards.

On another forum someone asked if there will be conflicts where multiple shooters on a firing line all use thier own LabRadar unit.

From LabRadar:

Thanks for the question.

The LabRadar accuracy will not be affected by other shots being fired into your radar beam. Part of the technology built into the system allows it to determine if the shot came from very near the radar unit or if it came in from another location. Since the radar beam is only active for a fraction of a second it is nearly impossible for you to receive a velocity from another shooter nearby.

I am extremely interested in this but a little apprehensive with it being a brand new product.

I know this is the result of finding new applications for an established technology but has anyone outside of the manufacturer used or tested this?

Also, what frequency does this operate at and at what power level?

We expect to receive our first unit later this month, just one unit.

We'll publish a review very quickly.

We will be receiving one unit for review later this week.

The first round of pre-order units are still on schedule to ship in May.

We received our test unit and gave it a quick try before sending it on to Jeff Brozovich who will be writing a very detailed review.

We found it easy to get up and running and got accurate muzzle velocities. The video (which is on the LabRadar page at our store - HERE) was very helpful. Everything from the packaging to the instructions to the fit and finish of the product was outstanding. We especially liked the Bench Top Mounting Plate.

We still expect to receive our first big shipment in May.

For someone placing a new order today we are estimating a July ship date.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.