Magnetospeed v3 vs labradar

Yes the Magnetospeed V3 is just a accurate, has less misses than the Labradar. The only issue - and it is a big one - the Magneto will affect your point of impact because the weight changes the harmonics of the barrel.

If that's no biggie to you then save your money. If you would like constant reporting as you shoot, or would like to measure your velocity down range (I believe this is possible) the Labradar is a good choice.

If I owned a labradar I would load 12 rounds to shoot two 5 shot strings.
My experience has been the opposite ... both are very accurate and miss a shot on occasion ... but the lab radar is very consistent when set up correctly. I do use 3-4 rounds to ensure it's set up. Then it doesn't miss. My magnetto would occasionally throw a bad read 200-300 FPS low randomly in the middle of testing loads or just miss a shot ERR!! Lol It was simple to edit that shot out but for the reasons you mentioned about POI and consistency I prefer the lab radar.

I currently have a magnetospeed sporter and it isn't working with my guns with muzzle breaks I guess the brake is to long and i cant get the bayonet positioned correctly i tried scooting it where it needs to be and strap partially covered one of the holes and when i shot it tore part of the strap so im considering a v3 and A labradar and would like some advice from some who use them . Wasn't sure where to post this
Check on a mount built by wiser precision it does not attach to the barrel will not change your point of impact and you have much more adjustability

I currently have a magnetospeed sporter and it isn't working with my guns with muzzle breaks I guess the brake is to long and i cant get the bayonet positioned correctly i tried scooting it where it needs to be and strap partially covered one of the holes and when i shot it tore part of the strap so im considering a v3 and A labradar and would like some advice from some who use them . Wasn't sure where to post this
Why couldnt you shoot with out the brake??

I have a Pro Chrono, Oehler and a Labradar. They are all good Chronos but of all three I really do prefer the Labradar. I've thought about getting the V3 also but decided against since I usually Chrono several guns (pistols & rifles) at a time and prefer not to spend the time installing and re-installing the equipment. Labradar is easier and less time consuming to go from one to the other. I miss shots 'occasionally' on all three units for different reasons. I imagine that would be true for the V3 as well. It's not a perfect world. But again ... there is just something endearing about the Labradar.

Ok i may give it a try i had just heard that they didnt work well with muzzle brakes is that true or false ?

I have not missed a shot with my Labradar after I figured out where to place it(took one shot each rifle). I place it 6" to the right of the barrel just behind the muzzle with no brake and even with the stock with a brake.

I mounted my V3 on my ruger precision magnum and it has a brake the size of a pack of playing cards. Had to play with it a bit but it worked fine

I have both the Magnetospeed V3 and the LabRadar. I normally use the LabRadar so that I can shoot groups at the same time. But the Magnetospeed has it's place because I shoot some fast varmint calibers and the LabRadar does not work beyond 3900 fps

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.