is the 7PRC killing the 7saum?

The amount of hunters heavily out numbers the actual shooters, that's why the market is geared mostly towards hunters
That they do. This will still drive some benefits down to the shooters in terms of availably and variety of components. I'm happy to see the 6.8 Western and hope it takes off because hopefully that will create a hunter's market for long, heavy, high-BC match-grade bullets in .270 via high-end loaded ammo lines. Berger makes twice as many 6.5 and 7mm bullet designs as they offer in .270. Seems to me that since on paper the 156gn 6.5mm EOL and 195gn 7mm EOL outrun the 170gn .270 EOL then there's still plenty of room for improvement at the top end of the .270 caliber.

The 7 PRC probably won't move the needle on bullets very much because this is a case of the hunters market being late to the game realizing 7mm is more than just Rem Mags and 7-08s, but it's still a new factory-supported case to work off of.

It's hopefully only a matter of time until there's a 6.8 PRC wildcat to join the 25 PRC that's going around, and the 7 PRC case is now an option in addition the 6.5 PRC case to make one.

High-quality brass is in high demand among serious shooters.
Case in point it Alpha and Peterson are selling cases that the majority of the market hasn't heard of, and they do that because shooters are serious about getting good stuff and willing to spend a lot of money on it. 6 Dasher is now a factory supported case, that was grass-roots growth driven by the benchrest and PRC crowd right there. Watch that Hornady tries to SAAMI-spec a slightly different Dasher and call it the 6 PRC 🤣

I didn't say exactly. I said essentially. IIRC the case dimensions are very similar and both will launch a 180gr projectile around 3000 fps.
The velocity for the 7LRM is closer to 3100 fps with a 180. In fact, mine was a tad faster. The advertised speed for the 7PRC is like 2950 fps. Not essentially the same

The velocity for the 7LRM is closer to 3100 fps with a 180. In fact, mine was a tad faster. The advertised speed for the 7PRC is like 2950 fps. Not essentially the same
I'd have to guess you were pushing it pretty hard to get those velocities or had a pretty long barrel. I'd also bet that 7 prc will push them a bit faster than 2950 with hand loading but who knows I guess.

Edit: I checked the drawings and the 7LRM is .15" longer base to shoulder so it does have some extra case capacity

All of a sudden I'm seeing 7saums popping up for sale. Seems like more than usual, here and other sites. Is everyone going to jump on the 7PRC and abandon the saum? With a new offering components should be much more available in the coming years I would think.
I dont think the 7PRC is killing the 7SAUM.Its really a nice round.(7SAUM) The 7PRC hasnt had a big impact yet. Has anyone on here bought or built a 7PRCyet?Seenand factory 7PRC ammo for sale in a local store?

I don't think I will, I have another 6.5 prc barrel for my wife's gun that's faster then my saum and the saum suffers the same clickers as the prc. Potato/potato imo.
Interesting that the prc is faster since the case capacity 68 grains while the saum is 73..
There's something else going on, and you shouldn't be having clickers

I have both 6.5 PRC and 6.5 SAUM. Neither one has clickers. The SAUM is about 75 fps faster than the PRC.

Biggest drawback with the PRC is while both the PRC and the SAUM have about the same case length, the standard PRC reamer has so much freebore (0.188") that with heavy bullets, after the lands have retreated a few tens of thousandths, my (short-action) rifle runs out of mag length for chasing the lands. I thought about getting a custom reamer with 0.120" freebore, but was afraid that the rifle would end up with factory ammo jammed into the lands.

Biggest drawback with the SAUM is only one source of 6.5 headstamped brass (ADG). But I have enough of that brass to outlast the barrel.