anticipation is killing me!

huntermncb

Waiting on my lapua to be finished up hoping to have my rifle some time in May. I can't wait to start burning some h-1000 and bergers at some targets.

I know how you feel...I'm stuck inbetween 2 decisions right now. Do I have my Smith convert my 7Mag A-Bolt II to a .280 AI, or do I go buy a cheap 700 ADL .30-06 for the action, and go from there....

Browning is already mine, but currently don't have the funds to get the ADL to start off with. This decision is tough.

Since stocks are regularly available, I'll probably go with the ADL, and just re-barrel my A-Bolt II, and keep it a 7Mag.

Either way, I have to get an entire gun built, and a load developed, before deer season, which is in november...

I also knoe how you feel. I ordered a barrel back in january for a new build and it should be here any day. It is killing me that it is not here.

Yes, the waiting is horrible. I'm getting a 25.06 on a 700 Rem. and I still have about a 2 month wait. The gunsmith called yesterday and said the barrel and thumbhole stock arrived last Friday! Having a hard time getting caliber specific reloading stuff. Bushing dies, neck turning mandrels and other goodies. I also want to have it together by Sept'.gun)

Yup, been there, just did that! :D but, the lite at the end of the tunnel, should be worth the wait. I just got back a Fully custom .280, that I started to put together in December. First, I bought the donor gun, for the action. ( Winchester M70 ). Then I bought a #4 Brux barrel from someone on this forum. Then off to the machine shop, discussed specs, choose reamer, caliber, and crown. Blueprinted action, and set to minimal SAAMI specs when assembled. Changed my mind about four times on the stock, and went with a BC Medalist, lite weight, with aluminum bedding block. Barrel length was set at 26.
I installed a EGW picatinny rail, Leupold EPW rings, and a VARI X III 4.5-14 AO scope.
Break in was a breeze, and this rifle is shooting 1/4 minute groups now, quite consistently.
When you finally get your new toy, the wait will have been with it. There simply isn't anything that compares to a gun that came from your thoughts, and when it comes to fruition, it will all be worth it. Enjoy the ride! :)

Yup, been there, just did that! :D but, the lite at the end of the tunnel, should be worth the wait. I just got back a Fully custom .280, that I started to put together in December. First, I bought the donor gun, for the action. ( Winchester M70 ). Then I bought a #4 Brux barrel from someone on this forum. Then off to the machine shop, discussed specs, choose reamer, caliber, and crown. Blueprinted action, and set to minimal SAAMI specs when assembled. Changed my mind about four times on the stock, and went with a BC Medalist, lite weight, with aluminum bedding block. Barrel length was set at 26.
I installed a EGW picatinny rail, Leupold EPW rings, and a VARI X III 4.5-14 AO scope.
Break in was a breeze, and this rifle is shooting 1/4 minute groups now, quite consistently.
When you finally get your new toy, the wait will have been with it. There simply isn't anything that compares to a gun that came from your thoughts, and when it comes to fruition, it will all be worth it. Enjoy the ride! :)
True story! I miss my custom .308 that disappeared in 08....It was built by the same smith who will be doing my .280AI build. The man is the best smith I've ever seen. It will be nice to have another McCullough Custom sitting in the safe again, after what happened 5 years ago.

I have to wait on the lapua and decide what's next for the other longaction that I have sitting around.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.