Bullet selection is driving me nuts....

Love the BC but who uses a single feed bullet in a bolt action rifle?
Nope!
Yeah, it's me again…
E471587B-2B2A-43F9-95CC-D841AAAF53B5.jpeg

The difference between his mag fed and single is the cavity behind the tip. The mag fed cavity isn't as big as the single. He did this for a few reasons as I understand it. If you use the single feed while being loaded close to the end of the Mag or box, it might damage the tip if your ammo moves in the box or mag under recoil. The mag fed aren't meant to be long range but would still be good in the 600yd range, if I remember right. Could be more. I don't have to worry about that so the single feeds works for me. They shoot the same if you have both loaded in your rifle.

Good thread.
One thing I can say for certain,ANY bullet can fail at some point so I don't judge a bullet on a single bullet failure.
I had a 30 cal 180 gr Partition fail so I stopped using them for about a year and went back to them,still have some.
Just a thought from an older guy

I have been a Nosler Partition fan, as my frazzled mind can remember for about 50 years. I have shot them out of .223, .243, .270, 308, 30-06 and 300 WM in various bullet weights both hand-loaded and factory. Over all of these years I cannot remember even once when the bullet failed me. I however have failed to place the bullet where it wanted to do it's best work on many occasions. I cannot blame the bullet for my shortcomings. My other go to bullet, which you rarely hear about in this neck of the woods are named Sierra, For those of you who have not tried Sierra bullets you should buy a box of them in your favorite caliber and favorite weight and give them a try. You may be pleasantly surprised. 😊