The 7SAUM

Great, thanks.....I'm running Gunwerks brass in my PRC, supposedly Gunwerks brass is ADG made and I love it.....I learned to get quality brass right off the get go if you want precision reloads to go past 600yrds.
Where did you hear that gunwerks is ADG? Is that 6.5 PRC only? I was told my 7lrm brass was hornady and it sucked. I've never such inconsistent brass or so many split necks despite annealing after every loading. I was only getting 3 loads before I was losing brass

I'm into my barrel 900 rounds and only 2 thou erosion so far on the throat.
ADG brass has been great for me. I have 500 cases that I bought. It'll last for many barrels to come. I'm on the 7th loading on the first 100 cases I got and they still hold primers tight. I anneal for every loading too.
WAIT A SECOND!!!! YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO BE A BALE TO LOAD BELOW NK/SHOULDER JUNCTION AND HAVE ANY KIND OF ACCURACY, SPEED, ETC. ... WHAT KIND OF VOODOO IS THIS!!!! :D lmmfao

Where did you hear that gunwerks is ADG? Is that 6.5 PRC only? I was told my 7lrm brass was hornady and it sucked. I've never such inconsistent brass or so many split necks despite annealing after every loading. I was only getting 3 loads before I was losing brass
From the horses mouth actually! and the 7LRM brass is from hornady and its ****

This thread is to start a debate. The present state of affairs in our country have created a opportunity for me. I've been reloading all day. When I got to this one the thoughts flooded back in.
Keep it clean. Keep it based on knowledge and not on hype.

One of my favorite cartridges to shoot and hunt with is the 7SAUM ! Mine is from a Remington 700 short action with a Wyatts mag. Mine pushes a 180 grain Berger Hybrid at 3060 fps from a 26inch Broughton barrel.
Case over all is 2.97. ADG brass and RL26 at 61.5 grains. It is completely mag fed with NO feed or extraction issues. Zero! None! Nill!
It has to be one of the most underrated and misunderstood cartridges in modern times.
Yea Remington missed a giant opportunity with this one!

Give me your inputs.
All of it!
Go!!!!!
I've got a SAUM action with which I want to make a switch barrel rifle using the Switchlug modification. I'm going to install the Wyatt box. I'm a 6.5 RemMag fan but I'm limited to 120gr. bullets without having to seat the bullets deep into the case, sacrificing case capacity. I'm considering the 6.5 and 7 SAUM's. I also have two .300SAUM's, one in the titanium action. I'm going to install the Wyatt box in the other so I can seat heavy bullets out further. But back to the subject, do you have chamfering, throat specs, so can make sure to buy the right reamer? What is your rifling twist? Do you have load and chronograph data?

I wouldn't expect quite those velocities especially within an accurate node. I think most people are finding them down around 2850-2900, depending on how hard you're willing to push. But you could be one of the Lucky ones!
Every barrel has at least 3 easy nodes, better hand loaders can find 5 if you want to waste the energy. May be even 7 nodes.
I have ran my last 3- 7 saums at 2950-2960, 28" barrels, not much work finding that node, long action, 180 hybrids.
Powder selection really dictates speeds generated, N570 has always kicked but t. RL 26 right with it.

Nothing you can do with a 7mmsaum can't be matched closely with a 280ai. Might have to eat the weight difference of the action but that's it.

I've seen it on about every forum I'm on and it's been pretty consistent that 6.5prc Gunwerks brass is ADG.....not sure about other cartridges though. I'd say they had SO many 7lrm made by Hornady that they have to get rid of it before they get a better maker of brass for it. Sorry to hear that.

How do you like that coal in the wyatt? Do you feel like you could sit out further, are you touching the inside of the mag on recoil?

Gunwerks 7 SAUM brass is ADG. I have a 300 SAUM and Love it to death. Have essentially a 7 SAUM AI being built now. Great group of cartridges.

I've got a SAUM action with which I want to make a switch barrel rifle using the Switchlug modification. I'm going to install the Wyatt box. I'm a 6.5 RemMag fan but I'm limited to 120gr. bullets without having to seat the bullets deep into the case, sacrificing case capacity. I'm considering the 6.5 and 7 SAUM's. I also have two .300SAUM's, one in the titanium action. I'm going to install the Wyatt box in the other so I can seat heavy bullets out further. But back to the subject, do you have chamfering, throat specs, so can make sure to buy the right reamer? What is your rifling twist? Do you have load and chronograph data?

The reamer is a RBROS proprietary reamer.
My twist is a 9 twist. Next one will be 8 or 8.4 twist.
This load is chronographed with a magneto and lab radar.

I have a MPA Crux ti in 7 saum with a 24" christensen barrel. I have an accurate load with 162 eldm and H4831 but have been trying the 180 eldm and H1000. I am seating the COL at 2.97"

On a ladder test I was getting right at 2900 fps starting at 62 grains up to 63 where I stopped. I was getting some heavy bolt at that fps.

Do you think 2900 with a 24" barrel and 62gr of H1000 is too much? Should I look for a lower node in the 2800 to not push it too hard?

I have a MPA Crux ti in 7 saum with a 24" christensen barrel. I have an accurate load with 162 eldm and H4831 but have been trying the 180 eldm and H1000. I am seating the COL at 2.97"

On a ladder test I was getting right at 2900 fps starting at 62 grains up to 63 where I stopped. I was getting some heavy bolt at that fps.

Do you think 2900 with a 24" barrel and 62gr of H1000 is too much? Should I look for a lower node in the 2800 to not push it too hard?

If you have pressure signs yes I would back it off. The 180 ELD M has a longer bearing surface than the Berger 180 Hybrid.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.