I WANT A 300 RUM

I SHOOT STUFF

I have full clearance from the ultimate authority to get one. I'm wondering just which manufacturers make the 300 RUM?

Any one know? I have found Remington and Savage. I'm not sure if Savage makes on in 2006, but I like the Savage for its accuracy. I'd get it, but put some weightin the stock.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

C

The ultra mags are way cool. I have one in a remington LSS
and hit a bull elk at 100yrds, not the farthest shot by any means, but it didn't even move after getting hit with a 180gr. ballistic tip. Same effect on another bull hit at 550yrds with the same load out of a friends sendero. If You can id try to find a sendero but it seems everybody's wanting one because of there awesome accuracy.

I would only buy a remington Savage rifles look like they belong on a tractors PTO drive they are just to ugly to own even if they do shoot well the Remingtons are so nice to shoot the stocks fir and the actions look great.

Cheers Bill
Australia

I am a savage enthusiasts so I would definantly recommed it, but dont waste time putting weight in the stock. Just buy a new stock, it will make the gun look 10x better, reduce recoil, and possible help with accuracy.

I think Bells and Carlson makes some fairly inexpensive models and Savage shooters supply has a bunch.

I am sure the remington would be a great one also, might just cost you a little more.

good luck
steve

Get the Savage, I know of 2 that shoot sub sub min. with factory stocks and handloads. I'm talking under 3" at 635 yds.I have several custom rifles all shoot well but aren't show pieces but have taken plenty of game with them. I wouldn't worry much about the cosmetic end and be more concerned with accuracy.That being said try the Savage mod.116 SAK in 300 RUM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

i just got a Remington SPS in the 300RUM a month ago, i am really happy with the gun! just my 2 cents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like I said I would try to find a sendero in one, but I would not hesitate buying one in a savage. Savage may not be the most glamorous rifles but I have never met one that wasn't a shooter

You'll be happy with either. But, I'd go buy a used one, send it to Kirby Allen, have him "Allenize" it with the aid of a nice Lilja bbl., then go have fun. I've used Kirby for one rifle and he does exceptional work. I'm very pleased with my Remington rifle he built.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.