I have a friend that wants a new 300 wm rifle

And if a rifle won't group with that singular load you chitcan the barrel? mtmuley

There a little more to it like bore scoping and checking the mechanics but I've been through enough of these Rem 300 wins that this load will either show promise of what's to come when we work up to 76-77 gr or it's like a 3 inch load, a three inch barrel is a waste of components to try to make it a sub half moa, many I see guys will pull all the tricks and in a few hundred rounds have one very narrow load that is like 1-1.5 inches, that ruins a gun more than rebarreled it early!!

There a little more to it like bore scoping and checking the mechanics but I've been through enough of these Rem 300 wins that this load will either show promise of what's to come when we work up to 76-77 gr or it's like a 3 inch load, a three inch barrel is a waste of components to try to make it a sub half moa, many I see guys will pull all the tricks and in a few hundred rounds have one very narrow load that is like 1-1.5 inches, that ruins a gun more than rebarreled it early!!
Thanks. mtmuley

I looked into the xbolt long range just haven't seen it recommended much how do they shoot also how is the aftermarket support also he was looking at the christensen arms Mesa long range I told him it might be a little heavy thoughts on it as well

All the Brownings I've owned shoot great. Aftermarket support is very slim though.

They would tell me they don't make the M-24 anymore.
They were replaced with something better.

They really aren't more accurate than most of their other rifles.

The specs call for "less than 1 MOA" and that's pretty much the industry standard for decent rifles now.

"Mil-Spec" just sounds cool and helps them sell rifles, sort of like the "Tactical Bolt Handle" ;)
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.