Gonna leave “well enough” alone...

I was pleasantly surprised today shooting my 25-06. 52.0 gr. Imr 4831 w/110 ab. I have just a 23"tube on this rifle. 5 rounds past the Labradar averaged 3203 fps.
That's cookin! I am getting 3450ish with the 110s from my Bee, but that's with a 26" tube and another tablespoon of powder. I REALLY like that 110 Accubond both for accuracy and its effect on game.

Spent a couple range sessions getting the .25-06 set up with a 115 Berger. Wouldn't mind tweaking this a bit but just don't want to burn through the components looking for the next level of ballistic Nirvana. I'll get speeds on it next trip and set it for a 4" MPBR, probably good out to 365 for a dead hold.
View attachment 212138View attachment 212139
Very nice unit and shooting I have a few coopers in 7mm that are very great shooters

Looks
Spent a couple range sessions getting the .25-06 set up with a 115 Berger. Wouldn't mind tweaking this a bit but just don't want to burn through the components looking for the next level of ballistic Nirvana. I'll get speeds on it next trip and set it for a 4" MPBR, probably good out to 365 for a dead hold.
View attachment 212138View attachment 212139
looks fantastic.45MOA is no joke! Only thing I'd try at this point is seat the primer .001 deeper just to see. I've seen that one change on a good load become great. If it doesn't work then no real loss.
What is your ES/SD on those rounds?

I had a 25-06 HS Precision that would shoot bug holes with 85 gr. Bullets. It never did group well with my 115 gr Bergers. I figured my twist was a bit too slow for those.
Same here I have a 700 25-06 10 twist. My groups are linear with bullet weight with 115s being largest groups to 85 & 80s being the smallest. 100gr bullet groups are sized in between the other two.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.