Who’s Gonna Win

Barnes, gotts be the barnes. Unless of course it one of those OTHER projectiles.

Happy 4th to all , and a special thank you to all those that stand up front so we can play in a free country . To the families of those that gave their full measure, your loss can never be fully repaid . I, and I'm sure, we here on LRH are forever indebted to you. Thank you !

I can only compare the blue and white...never shot the red....
AC shot well in my 7rm...but they weren't 160gr...
Lrx shoots well in my 280ai...but I think they are too heavy in my 22" noodle barrel....
But I would stay lighter...more velocity...but don't go crazy....every bullet has a best usage speed.....speed kills...but it also destroys tissue....i eat tissue...
Therefore I am man.......i think......just had a salad...had chicken in it...surely it didnt need a bullet to render it edible.......but i have shot lots of chickens...thats fun too...more so than cutting their head off and watching them flop around...........
Well maybe not.....
What the heck do I know......

Chickens running around with no head, spurting blood, chasing us through the yard, is a fine childhood memory. Pretty hard to beat. Boiling always sucks, but the end result is worth a little inconvenience.

well, I didn't intend for this to play out like this, but as I was adding the ELD-X to the box it suddenly became very clear to me that even my subconscious is very patriotic! Good timing as we roll into the Independence Day Holiday.

I'm Damned Proud to be an American and damned proud to stand beside my Brothers and Sisters in Arms, past, present and future.

Hornady ELD-X 162
Nosler AB 160
Barnes LRX 168

Which one is going to win the love and affection of my 7 RM after load development?

I'm hoping it's the Barnes....

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Independence Day. Please take a few moments to remember those whom have earned our freedom. More importantly, please be sure to share this wisdom with a child.
Good luck with the Hornady ELD-X 162, I had none. Could have bought a new rifle for what I spent. Berger 168 VLD Hunting were golden in my 7RM.

Is there something about the Hornady ELD-X that makes them "less accurate"?

I ask this B/C for my 6.5 CM the 143 gr. ELD-X rounds are a bit less accurate than the 140 gr. ELD-M rounds.

Eric B.
I found that ELD-X bullets are not as consistent in dimensions and weight as ELD-M bullets. It is easy to see if you sort them by weight and bearing surface.

Chickens running around with no head, spurting blood, chasing us through the yard, is a fine childhood memory. Pretty hard to beat. Boiling always sucks, but the end result is worth a little inconvenience.
Man your post exploded memories of when I use to visit my grandparents and my grandmother would tell my grandpa "Charlie, I need a chicken for dinner"! We'd go across the driveway to the chicken coop and he'd pull out a chicken, lay it on a stump chopping block he had and whack with a hatchet. He'd drop in on the ground and YES, they do chase you!!! Kinda gross by today's "Policaly Correct " standard but VERY fond memories none the less.

upload_2019-7-3_10-5-45.jpeg

007C649C-3275-47B8-BADD-768EFFD2500D.png
I'll let you guys help make sense of this, I really thought the 168 LRX was going to crush the competition but the 6th shot (61 gr) is way outside a "flyer".... I felt great when the shot broke, but I can't totally rule out the possibility that I didn't have weak form (maybe wasn't as consistent as I thought I was).

well, I didn't intend for this to play out like this, but as I was adding the ELD-X to the box it suddenly became very clear to me that even my subconscious is very patriotic! Good timing as we roll into the Independence Day Holiday.

I'm Damned Proud to be an American and damned proud to stand beside my Brothers and Sisters in Arms, past, present and future.

Hornady ELD-X 162
Nosler AB 160
Barnes LRX 168

Which one is going to win the love and affection of my 7 RM after load development?

I'm hoping it's the Barnes....

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Independence Day. Please take a few moments to remember those whom have earned our freedom. More importantly, please be sure to share this wisdom with a child.

My 7RM loves ELD-X 162's!! I tried the AB 160's and while they woulda been my #1 pick, the ELD-X's flew that much better. Good luck and Happy 4th!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.