Best rangefinder out to 2000m

longshotjimmy

what is the best rangefinder under $1000 for ranging out to 2000m
is the newcom LRM 2000 any good?
I had a leupold rx 1500 and did not like it, poor optics dificult to see display and would not read past 600-700. sold it.
I do not need to range out to 2000m but wqnt something that gives an accurate reading in less than ideal conditions out to 1000+
any suggestions?

what is the best rangefinder under $1000 for ranging out to 2000m
is the newcom LRM 2000 any good?
I had a leupold rx 1500 and did not like it, poor optics dificult to see display and would not read past 600-700. sold it.
I do not need to range out to 2000m but wqnt something that gives an accurate reading in less than ideal conditions out to 1000+
any suggestions?

hi,

the best would be swarovski,,newcon2000pro, leica.
swaro -best reading past 1500
newcon - 1200 on animals, 2200 on tree, rocks, dark objects,
leica - 1200-1300 .
the best optics are swaro, then leica and to the end newcon.
best price - leica, newcon, swaro.
max zoom - leica, swaro, newcon.
i own swaro and newcon, and im pleased more with swaro up to 1700-1900 yard on tree ranging, but newcon beat him on dark targets 2400-2800 the best reading.

I could never get my Leica to range past 1140 and that was only in ideal conditions. In bright sunny days in the desert about 600 meters was it. On the same days the Swarovski would rande out past 1000 meters at the Fort Bliss Rifle Range in El Paso, Tx. I have range Elk with my Swarovski out past 1800 yards. and trees out past 1900. I have no experience with the Newcons.

I could never get my Leica to range past 1140 and that was only in ideal conditions. In bright sunny days in the desert about 600 meters was it. On the same days the Swarovski would rande out past 1000 meters at the Fort Bliss Rifle Range in El Paso, Tx. I have range Elk with my Swarovski out past 1800 yards. and trees out past 1900. I have no experience with the Newcons.

I got all my readings at 4500-5700ft elevation, on sunny days, at 59F temperature.
When I got my swaro I tried 3 units before found this one. The other 2 would not range past 1200 and with the third unit I was able to range everything up to 1800 yards.
Could be just the specs, but this unit it is a winner.

I have a swarovski and love it. I have taken it out to 1500 yards. I sold my Leica 1200 as it would not range past 800 yards and purchased the swaro.

You will be pretty hard pressed to find an afordable range finder that will range consistantly at 2k M. The Swaro won't even do that for 900 dollars!

The Swaro has gotten me to 1700 before but that was under ideal conditions at a metal target.

My Swaro has gotten me to 1945-1988yrds on barns mid day partly cloudy conditions and I ranged treelines at 1950yrds in the evening, and it is a cameraland demo so I am happy with it.
Elmerdeer

If your going to be ranging that far forget about any commercial type laser range finder. There are some Russian military lasers floating around for sale but are $2000 plus. A good optical range finder is what you need. Wild (pronounced "Vild"), Barr and Stroud, and Zeis are 3 very good optical range finders which you should be able to pick up for under $1000. The only problem you'll have is finding someone who will sell you on. They're out there it just takes some hard looking. Deutsch Optik did have the Wild for sale for a while for around $500 but I haven't gotten one of their catalogs for a while now and I don't know if they have any more. If I ever see one for sale I'll be sure to mention it here on the board.

Swarovsky Hands Down.

However, you must remember to Never use any kind of cleaner on any of the LRF's lenses. This includes but is not limited to Windex, Alcohol, etc... ONLY USE WATER.

Any cleaning aids including a "lens pen" or coated cloth will coat your lenses enough to cause short distance reads or complete failures.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.