Bertram and adg brass

From a recent batch of ADG 6CM, I drew a sample of ten cases. Their weight had an ES of 0.9 grains and SD of 0.37 grains (170.4 grain average weight).

I took two measurements from each neck, both the maximum thickness I could find and the minimum (so 20 total measurements). The ES of thickness for all 20 observations was 0.0009" and the SD was 0.00036".

I haven't tried Bertram.

My CM numbers pretty much mirror yours but the CM is a relatively light case compared to the magnums so they will have slightly more variance in weight. The necks I would expect to be the same.

I've been using Bertram in my 338 Edge with 100 new ADG on the shelf. Looks like I need to try the ADG out.

What case? What does pressure early mean? You need to give more information when making statements like that. Some Bertram cases have more capacity than a like case from another manufacturer some have less and pressure will be different based on powder charge or velocity. The best brass I have ever had my hands on had 2-3 grains variance in magnum sized cases so 2 grains is very good. .005 neck variance on the other hand is not.
It was 6.5 SAUM Bertram Brass, case capacity averaged 1.5 grains more than my Norma brass.
By hitting pressure early I mean I couldn't reach the same velocity with Bertram as I cound with Norma cases.
I had shiny extractor marks before coming within 50 fps of my Norma loads with the same powders.
Also as far as case capacity, the most variation I've measured with Norma brass is .5 grains.
I was getting 30 FPS variation with Bertram brass between two sample groups of 6 cases each.
I've had better consistency with Winchester brass for 1/3 the price..

Ejector marks is how I was guaging pressure as well. Bertram showed marks before Nosler or ADG.
In the testing I've done I took known good loads verified it was below pressure signs(ejector marks) and shot until pockets were done. I will do the same with new adg brass and see how it does.

I'm starting work on a couple 6.5 PRC projects and it looks like both Bertram and ADG are making brass for the PRC now. Do any of you guys have experience with these brass makers? I've never used brass from either manufacture. I am looking for brass that is consistent in size/ weight and will hold a primer well over several firings with high end loads.

After three firings comparing to Hornady cases in the PRC, ADG cases are the way to go. I can't say anything about Bertram in this application but previous experience with Bertram in a 300 RUM convinced me to try ADG this time.

After three firings comparing to Hornady cases in the PRC, ADG cases are the way to go. I can't say anything about Bertram in this application but previous experience with Bertram in a 300 RUM convinced me to try ADG this time.
What was your take on the Hornady brass?
Did the primer pockets hold up?
I'm Really trying to get an idea of brass life with newer Hornady cases.

What was your take on the Hornady brass?
Did the primer pockets hold up?
I'm Really trying to get an idea of brass life with newer Hornady cases.

Here's my unscientific take on it. I found a node with 140 grain Elite Hybrids with RL26 at 56.7 to 57.1 grains at 3055 fps in my 24" bbl. The Hornady brass has trouble up here, showing pressure signs with a tight bolt on several cases. The ADG isn't breaking a sweat loaded in the middle of the same node at 3060 fps.

I use Bertram brass in my 338 Edge. It's been outstanding, very consistent and lasts at least twice as long as Remington and Nosler 300 RUM. Haven't tried ADG as the Bertram does everything I need.

I've got Bertram brass for my 6.5 saum that should be finished tomorrow but I'd rather have ADG

I'm starting work on a couple 6.5 PRC projects and it looks like both Bertram and ADG are making brass for the PRC now. Do any of you guys have experience with these brass makers? I've never used brass from either manufacture. I am looking for brass that is consistent in size/ weight and will hold a primer well over several firings with high end loads.
I've NEVER used either. I'm for the most part a Lapua man. My 2 cents is, If it ain't broke, dont try and fix it.
Theosmithjr

I use Bertram brass in my 338 Edge. It's been outstanding, very consistent and lasts at least twice as long as Remington and Nosler 300 RUM. Haven't tried ADG as the Bertram does everything I need.

What do you do about the 10+ grains of weight variance?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.