Bertram brass

My issue is that the cost of the brass does not equal that quality price point. If your going to charge as much as Norma, Lapua, Nosler, Adg, then it should be same quality. It seems that Bertram game is to produce calibers that are hard to find.
Exactly
I don't like paying premium rates for inconsistent brass that needs a bunch of work, and capacity inconsistency can't be fixed..
If it's the only option in your chambering then go for it, otherwise much better brass can be had for about the same price.

I love it! I run it in my 375cheytac, 338RUM, 284win, and 6x62 freres. It's tough as nails and will take a lot of abuse and still hold primers! Yes they don't have the weight consistency as some of the others but for the life I get out of it it's worth it to sort in batches to me!!!

Imo the Peterson brass I've gotten over the past year for my 6 creedmoor has been some of the best brass money can buy. I've purchased 400 pieces in two separate purchases of 200 at a time a few months apart and they were both extremely consistent, even to the point of being able to interchange if needed due to the fact that I was getting the same velocity from the same powder load from both batches. I've used the new lapua small primer 6 creed& alpha 6 creed and the Peterson is every bit as good in every category.

Not impressed with the Bertam I've been around, I will buy ADG, Peterson or Lapua if they make what I want and anymore if the 3 dont make brass for it I probably wont build the caliber.
You are correct about Bertram brass I have had 80 % split necks with no extra pressure. They replaced the Brass but not using them any more. Remington did quite ok. I have ordered Norma brass but still waiting .

just the opposite of the 338 edge brass i bought.
so consistency seem to be an issue and the neck consistency was not there either.
I have only used it in 338 Edge and it is super tough, the best brass I have used for that cartridge. Very consistent weights, necks, etc.

lol
FIX a neck that has no material left when turned ?
my 338 was down to .010 thick. bure bs for a 300 gr 338 bullet.
you CANNOT fix poor quality.
why do you think the price dropped from $2.50 to $1.35 ??

Fine by me.

Blackaj,
Two of the things guys are complaining about, the bur in thr flash hole and the .005 off on neck thickness are not an issue for me or most guys that reload. Because they can be fixed, and most guys just fix it when they prep their brass.

If youre .005 out, neck turn to what ever thickness you want.

If you have a bur, take a bit and make it right. Its not rocket science.

Xdeano

I was going to give you guys a pile of crap for wining but decided I'm better than that.

This is what I ended up with on fired brass for volume by water. An average of 10 random brass.

Bertram brass- 73.1grns on all 10, all were the same!
Norma brass- 72.8grns there was a es 1.2grn variance in the 10 pieces.

Neck thickness was 0.0155 to 0.0160. After turning them down to 0.0145.

Annealing every single firing. I havent had a problem. They shoot little holes in paper, and the Coyotes I shoot don't care for them much either.

If you dont have anything good to say, well...

Xdeano

not even close to stuff i had.
now do you see a LACK OF CONSISTENCY ?
I was going to give you guys a pile of crap for wining but decided I'm better than that.

This is what I ended up with on fired brass for volume by water. An average of 10 random brass.

Bertram brass- 73.1grns on all 10, all were the same!
Norma brass- 72.8grns there was a es 1.2grn variance in the 10 pieces.

Neck thickness was 0.0155 to 0.0160. After turning them down to 0.0145.

Annealing every single firing. I havent had a problem. They shoot little holes in paper, and the Coyotes I shoot don't care for them much either.

If you dont have anything good to say, well...

Xdeano

Hi
I am a little confused about the cost comparison some folks are making? But for me Bertram is way cheaper the what I can buy ADG! I haven't looked at the other brands yet?

I forgot to mention I've had 3 different batches of brass from Bertram. 2 6.5saum and 1 375. I've got no problems.

Xdeano

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.