7wsm bertram brass

I went through this for 3 of my custom rifles I built in 2021, and the 2 rifles I bought. I could not find 7STW brass, 264WM (or loaded rounds), 257 Weatherby brass prices were ridiculous, Couldn't source 6.5x47 Lapua brass anywhere and 300RUM brass was nowhere to find.
So, I just ended up buying ammo, 5 boxes of what I needed in all but 264WM, had to buy R-P 7RM brass and neck down to 26 cal. Couldn't find 7STW brass or ammo, so I put my name on a few waiting lists and got notified there was a bag of sorted (bulk was their word) R-P brass in a 100 count bag, only ONE to be had, snapped it up and got 99 usable cases. To this day, have not seen 7STW brass for sale again…
257 Weatherby ammo was cheaper than brass, so I picked up what they had, which was 100g TTSX…later found 5 boxes of 110g Accubond ammo, and the rifle loves that stuff!

Cheers.
My neighbor asked me last week to help him start reloading for his custom 7mm STW his FIL gave him. I asked him if he had brass, and he said his FIL was bringing him, and I quote "$4,000 worth of brass". Don't know how many pieces that actually is, but I guess I will find out soon.

My neighbor asked me last week to help him start reloading for his custom 7mm STW his FIL gave him. I asked him if he had brass, and he said his FIL was bringing him, and I quote "$4,000 worth of brass". Don't know how many pieces that actually is, but I guess I will find out soon.
I think he does want to run out. he'll need more barrels.😁

I just received my 7WSM Betram brass. Measured about 20 case neck thickness and they average .0175
Using my SAC case comparator there was a 1thou difference from base to shoulder and a .005 difference in case length. The 200 datum line had no noticeable difference.

I went through this for 3 of my custom rifles I built in 2021, and the 2 rifles I bought. I could not find 7STW brass, 264WM (or loaded rounds), 257 Weatherby brass prices were ridiculous, Couldn't source 6.5x47 Lapua brass anywhere and 300RUM brass was nowhere to find.
So, I just ended up buying ammo, 5 boxes of what I needed in all but 264WM, had to buy R-P 7RM brass and neck down to 26 cal. Couldn't find 7STW brass or ammo, so I put my name on a few waiting lists and got notified there was a bag of sorted (bulk was their word) R-P brass in a 100 count bag, only ONE to be had, snapped it up and got 99 usable cases. To this day, have not seen 7STW brass for sale again…
257 Weatherby ammo was cheaper than brass, so I picked up what they had, which was 100g TTSX…later found 5 boxes of 110g Accubond ammo, and the rifle loves that stuff!

Cheers.
Yes 2021 was a bad year for everything. No components hardly at that time and still isn't good either. Like one person here said. I buy the items before starting to build a rifle. Prices are still going up on rifle brass. I have watch 280AI mover from $450 for 500 to $750 fo the same amount.
If you are after quality brass. Need to figure out what will convert from a cartridge to what you want if possible.

I just received my 7WSM Betram brass. Measured about 20 case neck thickness and they average .0175
Using my SAC case comparator there was a 1thou difference from base to shoulder and a .005 difference in case length. The 200 datum line had no noticeable difference.
.0175" is pretty thick for necks-- what is the variance--- I have seen up to.0015"-.002" difference in the past-- I usually end up skimming/neck turning most any brand of brass

.0175" is pretty thick for necks-- what is the variance--- I have seen up to.0015"-.002" difference in the past-- I usually end up skimming/neck turning most any brand of brass
1 Thou variance. Yes, I plan on skimming the necks. TS Customs did a no turn neck on the chamber which leaves me with 3 thou clearance…so too close w/o skimming the necks. But my Winchester brass I got from LEH is 16 thou. G2G on those.

My first attempt years ago with a 6.5x300wsm was no turn and it was horrible trying to control nk tension having nks that thick. I know have them .014 per side all the difference in the world. .015 for me is max.