Bertram brass

Oh, I also forget to mention that I have forwarded the thread to Bruce Bertram. Just for his interest and heads up on the conversation!

Bertram Brass, that`s interesting finding it in the US. Their home is here in Australia, where probably the most common cartridge case is the plain dumb little .310 Cadet only found in the Martini action. It was a training cartridge before and into WW1. One of the dumbest things is that the projectile has a heel that is in the case, the rest at full groove diameter aprox .319-.323, case diameter like a .22LR. However cases, yes they do seem a bit fragile-thin walled and prone to buckling.

Blackaj,
Nice pickup! Yes, I can see your point in the costings of Bertram v ADG, (state side)
therefore certainly makes sense to buy the premium product at the same price as the competitors. I have only a little experience in this area so far, but my comparison with Norma brass v Bertram brass for a 28 Nosler. The Bertram primer pocket last quite a bit longer than the Norma brass primer pockets. I have just received a 300 Norma magnum and a 338 edge is in the wind. I will be keen to see how the Bertram brass goes with these calibers?
In the meantime, I might lash out and buy some of these ADG brass.

Blackaj,
Nice pickup! Yes, I can see your point in the costings of Bertram v ADG, (state side)
therefore certainly makes sense to buy the premium product at the same price as the competitors. I have only a little experience in this area so far, but my comparison with Norma brass v Bertram brass for a 28 Nosler. The Bertram primer pocket last quite a bit longer than the Norma brass primer pockets. I have just received a 300 Norma magnum and a 338 edge is in the wind. I will be keen to see how the Bertram brass goes with these calibers?
In the meantime, I might lash out and buy some of these ADG brass.
Good call on the 300 NM, I'm hoping to have mine put together this month.
I agree that Bertram brass is very tough, and if it's affordable in your neck of the woods then I'd use it.

there is a BIG difference in "shooting" and "shooting accurately"
there is no way to get accuracy out of the 200 pcs of bb 338 edge i bought. they may last for ever but who cares if that cannot produce ACCURACY.
i am shooting GROUP AND SCORE at 2000 yds 5 shots for record...not random steel banging.

Good call on the 300 NM, I'm hoping to have mine put together this month.
I agree that Bertram brass is very tough, and if it's affordable in your neck of the woods then I'd use it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.