7wsm bertram brass

cohunt

Just received notice that my back ordered 7wsm brass is in the states, soon to show up at bertram/us.

If you are looking for some of the out of stock bertram brass it may soon hit the website, so keep your eyes open.

Last edited:
Does ANY BODY else make brass for 7mm WSM any more? I ask because I have and love my 300wsm and was looking to buy a rifle in 7mm wsm as I have close to a 2000 284 bullets in all weights from 129 to 175 but didn't because after hours on line and countless searches I couldn't find 7mm wsm brass anywhere in stock and private sellers wanted more for theirs new than the cost of loaded ammo.

So what are the options for new brass, buy loaded ammo, or buy all the Bertram brass one can get or as 300wsm brass is available build a 7mm-300wsm?

Bertram and Hornady are the only ones. Bertram is strong brass, you'll need to sort based on internal capacity not on case weight. May need neck turned, but once you give it a benchrest prep, it'll hold up to a lot of reloads.

I really enjoy shooting the 7WSM and recently put a new custom barrel on the rifle. I bought Win 7WSM brass from whomever was selling it at the time and paid dearly for it. But .... I've got several hundred new cases and that's more then I'll need for the life of the new barrel.
A new 7WSM shooter should probably just grab a hundred rounds of factory ammo (occasionally on sale) and break the barrel in. That should give you enough brass to go 500-600 rounds, at least.
I recently built a 30Nosler. Someone on this site posted about an ammo sale at Midway. I bought 7 boxes at the time and have only shot 3 of the boxes before I started reloading. 140 pieces of brass should easily get me to 1,000 round of reloads.

Federal, Winchester, and hornady all sell factory 7wsm ammo (can shoot for brass)
Bertram and hornady have new brass
Or you can make it from 300wsm or 270 wsm brass (which have quality brass manu's) if you like.

So what are the options for new brass, buy loaded ammo, or buy all the Bertram brass one can get or as 300wsm brass is available build a 7mm-300wsm?
I went through this for 3 of my custom rifles I built in 2021, and the 2 rifles I bought. I could not find 7STW brass, 264WM (or loaded rounds), 257 Weatherby brass prices were ridiculous, Couldn't source 6.5x47 Lapua brass anywhere and 300RUM brass was nowhere to find.
So, I just ended up buying ammo, 5 boxes of what I needed in all but 264WM, had to buy R-P 7RM brass and neck down to 26 cal. Couldn't find 7STW brass or ammo, so I put my name on a few waiting lists and got notified there was a bag of sorted (bulk was their word) R-P brass in a 100 count bag, only ONE to be had, snapped it up and got 99 usable cases. To this day, have not seen 7STW brass for sale again…
257 Weatherby ammo was cheaper than brass, so I picked up what they had, which was 100g TTSX…later found 5 boxes of 110g Accubond ammo, and the rifle loves that stuff!

Cheers.

Bertram has 7mmWSM for $205 for a 100. That's high, but my rifle shoots so well. No, reason to buy a 7mm PRC
I paid about $8 more per 100 for ADG 7saum brass than the wsm. I shopped for 6.5prc brass also and ended up with ammo cheaper than brass only. That was the ONLY brass in 7saum I could find! I was thinking that the saum cartridge would be easier on the brass and barrel than the wsm would be? Maybe necking up the 6.5prc to 27 and 28 could be a nice option?

I went through this for 3 of my custom rifles I built in 2021, and the 2 rifles I bought. I could not find 7STW brass, 264WM (or loaded rounds), 257 Weatherby brass prices were ridiculous, Couldn't source 6.5x47 Lapua brass anywhere and 300RUM brass was nowhere to find.
So, I just ended up buying ammo, 5 boxes of what I needed in all but 264WM, had to buy R-P 7RM brass and neck down to 26 cal. Couldn't find 7STW brass or ammo, so I put my name on a few waiting lists and got notified there was a bag of sorted (bulk was their word) R-P brass in a 100 count bag, only ONE to be had, snapped it up and got 99 usable cases. To this day, have not seen 7STW brass for sale again…
257 Weatherby ammo was cheaper than brass, so I picked up what they had, which was 100g TTSX…later found 5 boxes of 110g Accubond ammo, and the rifle loves that stuff!

Cheers.
What's the velocity of that 110 Accubond factory ammo for your 257? I've never fired any factory ammo through mine. 68grs of IMR 7828 pushes a 110 ELDx at 3480FPS.

@Iron Worker
Never actually got a chance to chrono those, tri-pod got broken on the way to the property, didn't discover that unfortunate mishap until AFTER I had set up the chrony in anticipation of putting it on the tri-pod.
Box says 3,460fps…but all ammo from Weatherby was faster than box numbers by 40-60fps.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Cheers.
Why don't size and fire-form some other brass to fit the chamber? Some of those chamber 7mm belted or 300 win mag will resize to fit the chamber. A little work. You can get some very good brass they way. I do it all the time.