Bertram brass

WeiserBucks

Who's using it and how do you like it? Been using Norma for years but can't find any. Bertram seems to be priced well but I have zero experience with it .

I use it in 4 different guns and once my 6.5 PRC is ready it will be 5 guns. If you want pretty brass this aint for you. the overall weights can be a little wild but the case capacity is real good, you will have to deburr the flash holes and case mouth you know the standard stuff most of us do anyway.
I use the 338 rum in two wildcats, the 7 saum and the 284 win and it is tough it will outlast most other brass when loaded to same pressure. I have some 338 brass on the 15th reload
what case you looking at?

no experience with the belted mag cases but if the pattern holds true you will have a little less capacity than win or Hornady but will definitely out last Nosler.
I wish they would sell in 50 case lots so it wouldn't hurt the wallet so much and to make it easier to try out

I bought some for my 7mm STW a couple years ago from Graf`s, & it was really priced cheap at the time . I found I liked it for the price, but they were out of stock when I tried to order more. I got notice a few weeks ago they had it back in stock again, but the price was really high! Like someone mentioned the case weights really varied, so not convinced I`ll buy any more given the price!

In regards to my current brass torturing endeavors. Federal and Winchester were one and done as far as firings. The Bertram has a bit more room in it so more powder was required, but they are making it to 5 firings.

I've got a couple of firings with Bertram 6.5 PRC brass. I weight matched them and they are definitely not up to Lapua standard but separated into 3 groups with about a 1 gr variation between each group. They have been producing 1 1/2" groups at 300 yards using matrix 160gr going 2930 (56.5gr Retumbo) so the accuracy is on par with Hornady. To be fair, I have over 6 firings on some of my 6.5 PRC Hornady brass and still holding strong. I switched to Bertram just to keep my fired brass separate from the other PRCs being loaded from my place. Time will tell if that works out for me.

I too got mine from Graf's (300wsm) great price on 100. Jury's still out! Extremely heavy on the neck, so that can be dealt with but the accuracy is nothing to sing about! For hunting it will be fine and that's what my intentions for this brass are. 180gn Barnes TTSX with 63gn RL-17 was just OK,1/2" @ 100 yards.
Now trying Nosler AB in 180 with RL-17 I completely resized and worked the necks and the bullets set smoother. Time will tell.

Using in a 28 nosler on 4 firing pushin it pretty good. Much better than nosler brass.
I will have to agree there's a little bit of prep work to be involved with their brass and you would think for what they charge especially in the 28 nosler it would be a lot tighter tolerances. Don't forget to check out Peterson or ADG

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.