Bertram brass

Probably means other people have them in their cart or in process to check out. Powder Valley had this problem back at the beginning of the crunch, they now time out carts/orders and flush the held items back to the available inventory.

I tried over two days. With no chnages. Still nothing from ADG

Can anyone answer how I will know if I need to turn the necks. If and when my brass gets here? Been hearing a lot about Bertram's necks needing turned

You measure neck wall thickness with a tube mic and if it varies by more than is acceptable to you you turn it until it's cleaned up to where you like. If you're shooting in a factory chamber probably won't matter much, and it might actually be worse if you turn them too thin and end up overworking the necks every resizing operation.

I don't know why the link looks weird but this is a really good read about it:

Amazon product ASIN B01N9U1387Amazon product ASIN B01524DDIO
How to use those to measure:

Last edited:
I tried over two days. With no chnages. Still nothing from ADG

Can anyone answer how I will know if I need to turn the necks. If and when my brass gets here? Been hearing a lot about Bertram's necks needing turned
after running a mandrel in the neck the outside of the neck will hold any irregularities. check neck thickness with a caliper at least 4 places around the diameter. not sure what will be considered excessive in the community but I like to run a skim or partial cut taking off the high spots rather than a full cut. a good general neck thickness to shoot for would be .012"-.015" according to my research. that would be the extent of my knowledge...

I have started leaning on Alpha Munitions about expanding their selection. Top quality brass with limited offerings. I know other dealers have also. A little help from the public and they may start doing it. I run this in my 7-08 and 6mm with great results and life.

after running a mandrel in the neck the outside of the neck will hold any irregularities. check neck thickness with a caliper at least 4 places around the diameter. not sure what will be considered excessive in the community but I like to run a skim or partial cut taking off the high spots rather than a full cut. a good general neck thickness to shoot for would be .012"-.015" according to my research. that would be the extent of my knowledge...
Finally got to them as I've been really busy plus I don't have a rush to get started on them.
Anyway this numbers you posted are the majority of the thickness I had .012-.015" with an occasional .011" and all were measured from 2.84.1-2.84.4" long with an occasional 2.83.9" which I then also compared the necks and overall length to my R-P brass and that also what that showed too in regards to the necks as the R-P was anywhere from .012 to .015. And out of the bag of 100 I ended up with an additional piece.
D3B671BA-1369-4317-99A3-189AEDC4EC8A.jpeg

I just took delivery of my first Bertram brass in 7 STW that I pre-ordered in January. I did a thorough inspection and culled 6 of 101 rounds based on case weight (+/- 1%). I tested 20 cases for H2O and all were within +/-1%. Time will tell, but it appears to have been well worth the wait. Times are tough all around, but finding 7 STW brass is just plain ridiculous.