Bertram brass quality

tbrice23

Anyone ever ran Bertram brass?
If so have you measures case/neck wall thickness uniformity or weight?
How tough is the case head?

Thanks for any info.

I have used the 338 rum brass its not to bad. neck thickness has been good but weights leave something to be desired. 3-4 grains on the 20 I measured. it has been holding up good. on 8th reload

Thanks,
3-4 grains is a lot for 20 pieces!
I loose my primer pockets first on any brass I run so case head hardness and case wall uniformity is pretty important.

Good to know you're getting several loads. Not sure how hot you load but as long as the primer pockets are tight with no gas blow by that is good news.

run pretty warm loads put I don't pound my stuff. have not lost a primer pocket yet. I neck 338 down to 30 and run berger 215s @ 3160 27in benchmark

So you are making 300RUM.
That sounds like a LR hammer with 215s at 3160! The ballistcs on that is awesome.

I run the Bertram edge brass. Neck thickness consistency isnt the best, and to turn them all the same my necks are fairly thin (dont remember the measurement off hand) but the case head is tougher than nosler brass.
I couldnt COW form them into my edge ai as the shoulder dimension was also short between .005 and .010", I would get light primer strikes on about 1/2 the cases I tried without expanding the neck and making a false shoulder.

LongBomber check out the ADG brass I just bought 20 338 rum to check out. case weight and neck thickness much more consistant but haven't shot any yet to check case life

I've only used the .408 and .375 Cheytac brass and have been pleased. I don't run them hard, but not low end loads, and haven't killed a primer pocket yet. The only other brass until recently was Jamison, and I wasn't impressed with it at all. If the new Peterson brass is better then it is some good stuff!

I am using some 338 edge brass that I neck down to 300 then to 284 then run it thru a hydro die to 7 ultra rouge and I am really liking the brass, my chamber is .316 neck so I still turn necks but the necks start out pretty good, just bought some 7mm wsm Bertram brass but haven't loaded any yet

I would be more interested in how many grains of water variation between the cases, that actual weight. Next would be concentricity variations between them.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.