Bertram Brass Quality

I haven't used RWS or Petersen brass, but have RP, WW, Federal, Norma, Nosler, PMC, and Lapua. A few years ago I bought 100 Bertram unfired cases headstamped 338 Edge. I loaded some five times; I abused some. When the primer pockets expanded to the point where the primers would fall (on those abused) out I sealed over them with nail polish wiping them off before dry. Most returned to shape after firing! I figured they were goners; it's only after my curiosity got the best of me did I check and all but a few required more "treatment." I'd have to say that they're second to Lapua. I sold them with the rifle, dies, etc., and as far as I know they're still going...

I wasn't too impressed with my batch, (338 EDGE) I was getting loose primers at the same rate as my nosler brass. I realize some folks have had great luck with them, not me.

I have a bunch for my .308 Norma that I just built. It is much thicker than Norma brass and seems to be much sturdier. Haven't done a lot of testing with it yet though

I bought 100 7mm STW Betram and 75 Nosler 7mm STW -- they weigh within a grain of each other. Only loaded 12 of the Betram before the weather turned artic on us. Will see how well the two match up over time.

Paul

I purchased 120 pieces of 7STW from Graf and sons a couple weeks ago. Good looking brass, weighs a bit more than Nosler. much harder at least the neck than Nosler going by how the trimming to length went.
a bit less H2O volūme as well. They shoot great but for whatever reason the same load using Nosler brass produces less pressure in terms of primer cratering or flattening. i have only loaded and fired 20 casings. I have resized and loaded these 20 but have yet to shoot them.
This far I like the Bertram for my STW. I have another write up on this site titled Bertram Brass that has some weight and measurement posted. gun)

My Bertram .308 Norma brass was like 35 grains heavier than Norma and even a few grains heavier than Hornady .300 Win Mag brass

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.