6.5 PRC on a SA

I don't see any of those offerings being a high production rifle. I would define those as either custom or low production rifles. Now if it was Ruger, Savage, Remington, Winchester or like companies then I would say yes it's being offered as a production rifle.
Mossberg, Ruger, Begara, and Browningt to name a few making 6.5 PRC production rifles. Tikka will have one out in June 2020

Neither you original or your edited statement is correct. Maybe you could try for that magical third time.

A 375 Ruger doesn't have a rebated rim.

A 375 Ruger is the parent case for the 300 RCM.

A 6.5 PRC is a necked down and shortened 300 RCM.
As I understand it wildcaters had been using this cartridge for years. As always, a large company stole someone elses idea and called it their own.

I have a Tikka T3x CTR and I placed a 300WSM bullet into the magazine to see if it would fit no problems plenty of length. I just need a 6.5PRC round and check them out. But the CTR mag is 2.98 or 75.7 mm so I believe it will fit in as well. My gunsmith said it would fit. Just open bolt to magnum.

My concern isn't length, it's having the right follower so they'll feed properly.

As I understand it wildcaters had been using this cartridge for years. As always, a large company stole someone elses idea and called it their own.
This argument is much more in tune with the 300 prc (30-375 ruger) than the 6.5 prc (6.5-300rcm)

This argument is much more in tune with the 300 prc (30-375 ruger) than the 6.5 prc (6.5-300rcm)

Correct, it wasn't stolen, it was just standardized by GAP in cooperation with Hornady.

GAP had their own 6.5 GAP4s wildcat but it had a rebated rim. Hornady wanted to go with an unbelted non rebated rim cartridge for better feeding.

Hey guys I've got a remington 700 SA, 6.5 barrel blank and a manners stock inletted for cdi bottom metal. I was planning on doing a 6.5 creed for long range shooting or maybe PRS if matches ever get going around here. I've since shifted my thoughts to possibly building a PRC. I know I would need a mag bolt but I'm not sure what diameter. Would I be able to get everything out of a PRC in a SA? I would most likely be shooting a 140 gn bullet. If I used the CDI bottom metal what mags would I need to use to not have feeding issues? I'm just considering my options. I reload but really dont want to have to turn necks. This rifle will be a range/long range deer gun.
I just now measured my Wyatt's cfe-5. It measures 2.992" it's for use with a standard 700 short action hinged floor plate, milling required. It's center feed, hands & feet above staggered feed. Manson has a .188 freebore reamer for use with factory 147 eld ammo. Jgs has a .179 freebore reamer but will be at least April to get one. .188 is the updated Hornady spec.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.