300 rum loads?

What about we talk about brass quality lol.... How does norma/nosler compare to remington

Will the primer pocket last longer in the norma? As I can only get 5 reloads out of the remington brass before my primers are falling out.

Yes. I've had mine get to ten reloads running the same velocity as my rem loads. Pockets are still tight.

Will the primer pocket last longer in the norma? As I can only get 5 reloads out of the remington brass before my primers are falling out.

Your loads are likely a bit hot then. I'm still shooting a couple of bags of rp brass from '05 that has shot out a 7rum barrel and has just about gotten done with a 300rum barrel. I've got better/new brass, but why use it all up when the old stuff is still going.

My nosler stuff is good too, but I've only got a couple of dozen nos casings so I'll likely stay with rp for a good while...

I have some Remington brass on it's seventh loading. When I started loading the .300 RUM 16 years ago, that's all that was available. I've stuck with it as I have never had an issue. And I don't have to fireform it to increase case capacity. mtmuley

They are on the Hot side, but with the brass availability even 2 extra firings would make a switch worth while. Im thinking for about what to do after I rebarrel from the factory remington barrel on my Long Range, as I will have approx 1000 reloads through it after I cycle through all my brass that I have on hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.