300 RUM loads

YZEATER

i was here a while back asking about a scope. got a 6x-20x-44 (1/8in MOA) nikon monarch for my sendero in 300 ultra. trigger is adjusted to 2.75 lbs. just have to pick up the mounts, burris double dovetail's. i want to be able to shoot to roughly 800 yards(after lots of practice) which offsets should i start with in the burris mounts so i don't have to change them later? i have a box of 220gr SMK. should i use those or buy some 240's ? this will be my long range deer gun, i have other's so this will only for field usage. which powder to start with? i currently have some retumbo and h50bmg, but am open to others. where should i start? open to suggestions on the setup also.

On my 300RUM I used a 20 MOA burris offset in the rear. With it, I'm able to zero at 550 and go out from there. As far as powder goes, I would use the Retumbo. That's what I'm running and it shoots very well. And also, for the application you are doing, the 220gr will suffice, or you could always go get some Accubonds.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.