300 RUM loads.

density altitude is what matters, not elevation, just like airplanes. I'd be curious to see a test regarding stability of 230s at SL vs 3k, etc. people make that statement but I'd like to see if on paper

density altitude is what matters, not elevation, just like airplanes. I'd be curious to see a test regarding stability of 230s at SL vs 3k, etc. people make that statement but I'd like to see if on paper

Well that was kind of assumed...most know we're actually talking about air pressure. And there will be a difference on paper between the two, especially at distance. Lots of info out there from Hornady and Applied Ballistics derived from 2000 yard Doppler Radar testing. My point to the op was why compromise even slightly on b/c when the 215 is so close to the 230 in b/c to begin with? Just doesn't make sense...unless he is at higher altitudes...i mean lower air pressure

My favorite in my RUM is 225 grain ELDM over 89.7 grains of H-1000, OAL of 3.860 which should work nicely in your magazine. Shoots sub 2" groups at 500 yards all day.

I'm running 212 eld-x 3155fps out of my rum with 91gr of retumbo. And cci 250 Magnum primers and norma brass.
This is the same load I came up with in my Remington AWR 26" with a break. I am only getting 3079 @ 8K elevation. Have taken to 800 yards at basketball sized rocks no problem. Magazine length is my problem right now. If I load .30 off lands the 200 yard group gets smaller but wont fit in mag. I am running about .80 just to make it fit and it shoots OK but could be better.

This is the same load I came up with in my Remington AWR 26" with a break. I am only getting 3079 @ 8K elevation. Have taken to 800 yards at basketball sized rocks no problem. Magazine length is my problem right now. If I load .30 off lands the 200 yard group gets smaller but wont fit in mag. I am running about .80 just to make it fit and it shoots OK but could be better.
I'm at 1100 foot elevation and have barrel finished at 28" probably the difference. It's a lilja sendero weight fluted.

I'm at 1100 foot elevation and have barrel finished at 28" probably the difference. It's a lilja sendero weight fluted.[/QUOTE
It's pretty cool that the same load works in 2 different rifles and shooting conditions. One of the other reasons for the slight speed differences may be I do my load development below 50 degrees. Tried the 220 grains also but when I hit the nodes on the 2 the 212 had more energy out past 500 so stuck with the 212's.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.