300 rum loads?

Trued Rem 700 LA 300 RUM 28" PAC-NOR .338" Neck.

Nosler Brass 2.840" trim .334" necks loaded
HbN coated 240 SMK
+7 on mic for kissing lands ≈3.662" OAL
GM215M

92.0 grains H50BMG
2908fps SD3

Shoots .25MOA out to 500 yards so far. Need to stretch her out when I get the chance. I have some testing to do with some 212 ELD-X's and some R33 when I get the time.

Reuben

Sorry but do you shoot that load out of 300 rum and what diameter bullet are u using

Last edited:
Sorry but do you shoot that load out of 300 rum and what diameter bullet are u using

Yep shoot it out of my 300 RUM. I have a tight neck chamber so I have to turn necks, (not doing that again) it is a pain in the butt. The bullets are .308" diameter Sierra Matchkings in 240 grains. Sierra says you need a 9 twist, but if you push them past 2900fps they stabilize just fine out of a 10 twist.

Reuben

Yep shoot it out of my 300 RUM. I have a tight neck chamber so I have to turn necks, (not doing that again) it is a pain in the butt. The bullets are .308" diameter Sierra Matchkings in 240 grains. Sierra says you need a 9 twist, but if you push them past 2900fps they stabilize just fine out of a 10 twist.

Reuben

Neck chamber? And I was looking at load data and couldnt find a load like you have none of them shoot that fast

Reuben

Neck chamber? And I could not find a load for 240 that would shoot that fast

OK I get it now... Will my factory rifle be different with this load compared to yours.. And have you ever used the smk's for hunting
With your factory barrel your OAL will be a lot longer than mine to reach the lands. They have a lot of freebore from the factory to help with pressure spikes. I shot a caribou with the 240 SMK's this December and was pleased with the performance, DRT. I would look into using R33 or US869 with the heavies in your factory barrel. The SMK's aren't really jump sensitive, so even if you can't reach the lands and want to mag feed you should find a powder charge that will be accurate in your rifle.

Reuben

Remington factory sender
Remington Brass full length sized.
berger 230 OTM
89.4 Grains of Retumbo
Fed 215M primer
COL is 3.80 (sucks to have to single feed)
Speed is 2945 average
right .5MOA.
Havn't been able to buy brass in over a year. Probabbly going to have to switch to the Nosler brass.

Please keep them coming. Would like to see how many different load combo that work.
What is your barrel length? Please tell me it is 26", this will help me find a starting load for my rum using 230's

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.