300 rum loads

afornea

I just bought a Sendero II in 300 rum. I will be using it to hunt whitetails and hogs out to 600 yds. Do any of you guys have any pet loads or recommendations of where to start. Also I have both FL dies and neck sizing dies. Could someone explain which is more beneficial to me, I'm a beginner at this.

I am also fairly new to the 300 RUM, and have been doing some load development, I am using 210gr Berger VLD, with H1000 standard seating depth of 3.60 (from Berger) Rem brass, and CCI 250 primers

87grH1000.jpg

here is 87 g H1000, 5 shots at 100yds (pulled 1 out), avg vel- 2852fps

88grH1000.jpg

and here is 88gr of H1000, 5 shots, 100yds (pulled 1 out here as well) avg vel- 2913 fps

Maybe not the best in the world but a petty good place to start I figure, probably will play with the seating depth a little, and try 0.5gr incraments as well. Hope this helps.

I just bought a Sendero II in 300 rum. I will be using it to hunt whitetails and hogs out to 600 yds. Do any of you guys have any pet loads or recommendations of where to start. Also I have both FL dies and neck sizing dies. Could someone explain which is more beneficial to me, I'm a beginner at this.

I prefer full length resizing. I currently shoot a 200 AB with Re25, Federal cases, and either WLRM primers or Fed215 Match primers. I have the Berger VLDs in 210 to play with. Other powders that work well are H1000, Retumbo, US869, and WC872.

Derek M - do you have a good load for the berger 210 vlds with H1000?
i have the h1000 and im waiting for the bergers, if you have some load info that please do share .

100 grains of Retumbo pushing 180 grain Barnes TSX. Sub MOA groups out to 400 yards, and sub inch groups at 200 yards. The load is lightly compressed, which Retumbo seems to like, I've got 3 other rifles that really like Retumbo when it's a compressed load.

You are tougher than I am, this thing kicks way to hard to be shooting at anything smaller than an elk with. I'm AFRAID to shoot it prone where you can't give with the recoil. I'm afraid it will break something like my collar bone.

im new to this also. i shoot 89.5 of 7828 behind a 180gr scirocco. i would like to try 180gr ab. do you think 7828 would work. sciroccos are expensive to buy. the accubonds are a better price i think.

Derek M - do you have a good load for the berger 210 vlds with H1000?
i have the h1000 and im waiting for the bergers, if you have some load info that please do share .

I'm at home picking up the kid to take her to Orthopaedic doc friend of mine....I'll check load book tonight but it seems like I did some preliminary. Will post tonight or tomorrow.

afornea:

I have a pet load using 165 gr. Nosler BT's and H1000. Shoots really well and this load would fit the bill for what you said your intentions were. I will double check the charge later and report.

1kstr

92.5 RL 25 & 200AB out of my fac. Sendero shoots consistantlly under 2'' at 300 with several targets at 1 1/4'' at 300. Worked very well on the Elk too.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.