300 RUM loads.

MallardAddict

Rifle a.d.d. bit again and as such I have a 300 RUM enroute. My rifle is one of the EOL series so it has a 26" 1:10 and a 4" magazine box. The rifle is coming with a pile of Berger 215 hybrids so I may start there but was wondering if I'm better off trading the 215's for 230's.

I'm also curious about using the heavy eld-m's or eld-x's if anyone has experience with them as well.

I will probably use it for a little long range steel but mostly deer, elk and bear hunting.

I am an experienced reloaded and will work up to pressure in my gun then back my loads down some but was wondering what other posters are running in theirs and how they like it.

I just pick up a 300 rum also. It'll be coming on moose/griz hunt so I'll be loading 200 swift A frames. I run the 215 in my 300 win mag(2990 fps) with EXCELLENT results! But with the case capacity of the ultra I'd probably opt for the 230 (if you want max BC).

Last edited:
Rifle a.d.d. bit again and as such I have a 300 RUM enroute. My rifle is one of the EOL series so it has a 26" 1:10 and a 4" magazine box. The rifle is coming with a pile of Berger 215 hybrids so I may start there but was wondering if I'm better off trading the 215's for 230's.

I'm also curious about using the heavy eld-m's or eld-x's if anyone has experience with them as well.

I will probably use it for a little long range steel but mostly deer, elk and bear hunting.

I am an experienced reloaded and will work up to pressure in my gun then back my loads down some but was wondering what other posters are running in theirs and how they like it.
My go to loads are
225eldms
96.6 r33
f215 3.845" coal

225eldms
90.9 n570
f215 3.845"
3060fps

Use at your own risk!

230 otm at 3065 with RL26 ADG brass
230 otm at 3045 with Retumbo

215 hybrids at 3082 with Retumbo

This is my top 3 loads in my 300rum

I should add that it is a factory rifle. Purchased in 20 years ago. It needs a upgrade. It's been relegated to backup rifle for my Alaskan guide adventures. Using 200 grain Aframes

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.