300 RUM loads.

200 gr Federal TLR over 7828

Attachments

• 20191201_203026.jpg
    20191201_203026.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 137
Rifle a.d.d. bit again and as such I have a 300 RUM enroute. My rifle is one of the EOL series so it has a 26" 1:10 and a 4" magazine box. The rifle is coming with a pile of Berger 215 hybrids so I may start there but was wondering if I'm better off trading the 215's for 230's.

I'm also curious about using the heavy eld-m's or eld-x's if anyone has experience with them as well.

I will probably use it for a little long range steel but mostly deer, elk and bear hunting.

I am an experienced reloaded and will work up to pressure in my gun then back my loads down some but was wondering what other posters are running in theirs and how they like it.

You will not have any trouble running 215, I've shoot everything from 180s to 230s out of mine, settled on 210, and 200 grain. I personally prefer to keep it as flat shooting as possible without losing the speed of the ultra mag. The RUM flat puts stuff in the dirt weither your shooting 180 or 230 gr bullets.

Rifle a.d.d. bit again and as such I have a 300 RUM enroute. My rifle is one of the EOL series so it has a 26" 1:10 and a 4" magazine box. The rifle is coming with a pile of Berger 215 hybrids so I may start there but was wondering if I'm better off trading the 215's for 230's.

I'm also curious about using the heavy eld-m's or eld-x's if anyone has experience with them as well.

I will probably use it for a little long range steel but mostly deer, elk and bear hunting.

I am an experienced reloaded and will work up to pressure in my gun then back my loads down some but was wondering what other posters are running in theirs and how they like it.

I've been really happy with the ELD-M's
& the ELD-X's ... 200gr +

If that is consistent, then that is extremely good. Not many guys can do that consistently at 600....
My gun does that more times than not If I'm doing my job. I've got a steel Target at 600 with a 4" swinging center if I miss it my "friends" like to remind me how I've welded to long and my eyes are going.lol But it is a pleasure to shoot except buy 8lb jugs they go quick loading for a 300 rum and a 338 edge out of same powder!

Anyone know the starting and max load for 210 vld with retumbo? Hate to have to buy a Berger book for one load. I only shoot nosler in all others. Thanks

One thing to consider, if you're at low altitudes you'll want to steer away from the 230 class bullets from a 10 twist. They are not fully stable at sea level, if you are say 3k feet or higher it's not an issue. You could make them shoot fine while not fully stable but the bullet's b/c will not be maximized. That's why the 215 would be the best choice in that situation.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.