25 06

Long time 25-06 shooter here.
For many years I shot the Speer 120gr SPBT bullet (deer and hogs). Switched to Nosler Partition 115gr about 3 years ago just to change it up. Both loaded over H1000 around 3k fps, drops game.
Yea Federal 115 Partition is the round. Here in Florida our shots are usually under 100 yards for me but I did shoot a deer last year at 230. My longest shot in Alabama was 600 yards.

what are your faverate loads for deer and antalope hunting
I've also been shooting a 25-06 for exactly 30 years this coming hunting season. My 2 daughters have been shooting them for 14 years. They shoot SAKO's and I shooting a Browning X-Bolt. My favorite load that I shoot was 110gr Nosler Accubond but you can't find them now. Last year I dropped an 8pt Whitetail in his tracks at 105 yds. But since I'm out of Accubonds I have switched to 110gr ELD-X and I love them so far. My load is as follows: Nosler brass with shoulders bumped back .002"; CCI LR200 primers; 55.7 grs of PP4000MR; 110gr ELD-X; avg 3,275 fps. This load is hot but shoots well in my gun. Anyone seeing this should work up with caution. The load for my daughters' SAKO's is as follows: Nosler brass; CCI LR200 primers; 53gr of IMR 4350; 100gr Barnes TTSX bullets; averaging 3,250 fps (as you can see not quite as hot). The Barnes TTSX have been good to us and we have killed many North Louisiana Whitetails with them. But my favorite load in my 25-06 Browning X-Bolt is the 110gr ELD-X load above.

I've used Partitions, Ballistic tips, Berger VLD's and my current favorite is the 90gr absolute hammer. They all have worked pretty good. Depends on if you are a dump all the energy at once kind of guy or a 100% weight retention kind of guy, or something in between. There's a lot of good bullets out there that I didn't mention that others have.
Moral of the story is pick a good bullet that performs how you think a bullet should and go hunt.
In my mind there is no better deer and antelope cartridge than the 25-06. Feed it good bullets and it will get the job done.

what are your faverate loads for deer and antalope hunting
I have 2 X 25-06 rifles and they have their own personalities. I have hunted Pronghorns in Wyoming for over 10 years. I think the shortest distance that I encountered was 220 yards and the longest is out over 500 yards. The only bullet that has always been consistent in both rifles out past 200 yards is the 117 grain Sierra Game King. I tried other bullets, and they all seem to work at 100 yards but after that one of my rifles could not be consistent. I have also been using 52 grains of H4831SC for the Game King with really good results. (just a note here; I also use this 117 GK in my 257 Roberts with excellent results)

I worked 'down' a load for my wife's 25-06 and it's one of the most accurate rifles in the safe. She has a bad shoulder injury and needed a lighter recoiling rifle than her 7-08.
100gr Ballistic Tip over IMR4831 at 3017fps .010 off gives about .2MOA results consistently.
Sweet little load to shoot, flat enough to 400 which is plenty far enough for her liking and drops what she shoot's it at.

I worked 'down' a load for my wife's 25-06 and it's one of the most accurate rifles in the safe. She has a bad shoulder injury and needed a lighter recoiling rifle than her 7-08.
100gr Ballistic Tip over IMR4831 at 3017fps .010 off gives about .2MOA results consistently.
Sweet little load to shoot, flat enough to 400 which is plenty far enough for her liking and drops what she shoot's it at.
Nice! Thanks for sharing the load information. Like your wife's gun, I've loaded the rounds in my daughters' 25-06's somewhat mild because they do not take long shots and the farthest shot they have is about 200 yards (we hunt in the woods in Northwest Louisiana). Plus, they work! I am glad to see all the great information coming in about 25-06's. It might not be a "sexy" caliber like some of the new hyper velocity cartridges of recent; however the 25-06 has piled up many a deer and antelope over the years and will continue to do so for many, many more.

^^Truth^^

I have a Ruger #1 with 26" barrel in 25-06. 90gr Absolute Hammers over RL16 gives me 3611 fps. 3 shots, 3 dead deer so far.
Wow, that load is smoking and it is obvious you are squeezing out every drop of velocity out of that 26" barrel—nice. Never heard a load combo using RL 16 in 25-06, but it makes perfect sense with lighter bullets like what you are using. Thanks for sharing.