25 06

You may want to check your local estate sales. Look for reloading & gun related stuff that will be at the sale. I buy a lot of new bullets for pennies on the dollar at these estate sales & auctions. Flea markets are another good source. You may also buy other things that peek your interest.
Great advice! Thank you sir.

It will be very similar to the 25 Sherman. IMG_20230123_123800_01.jpeg
i use 280 ai Peterson brass. Neck down, FF and go.

Last edited:
280 should be longer in the body I would think.?

The Sherman utilizes the full 280 length and has most of the taper blown out. Maintains good neck length also.

I've been getting very good accuracy with 117g SST's and over 3100fps with h4831SC. Also got great accuracy with the Speer BTSP. With my non scientific testing the SST held up better. May try the 100g Barnes. Not sure how they expand on Alabama whitetails. 24" Model 70 stainless. My featherweight shoots the Hornady American hunter so well I haven't loaded for it yet.

54 grains of RL23 115 Berger gave me 3230fps 1/2 MOA outta my savage 112 with a 26inch barrel. It's like Thor's hammer on whitetails. This was near max in my rifle. Start around 52 and work up from there.

Wouldn't the 25-280AI and the 25-06AI be almost the same?
It's about .01" longer to the shoulder. The case is already formed just have to reduce the neck size. i presently have a 6mm/280AI rifle. It take for steps to reduces the neck to 6mm. I still haven't done any fire of the 6mm. Working on set up to complete the fire-forming of the case a another action and barrel. Doing the same thing with the 25/280AI rifle too.

I'm using IMR 4350 and several types of bullets and have pretty good accuracy in the 117 gr and 120 gr, just tried the 92 gr Hammer Hunter with IMR 4350 and magnum primers and have had excellent accuracy, grouping well under 1" at 100 yds, can't wait until Pennsylvania deer season comes around to try them out! T/C Encore 26" Arthur Brown barrel 1:10 twist

Sorry but whats the recoil on a 25 06? I won a Savage Axis a couple years ago but since I use a 308 or 300 most times. Sorry so my 12 year old grand daughter fell in love with a crossbow but I looking at letting her use it. I guess the only way I know what the recoils like is to shot it

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying you won a Savage Axis chambered in 25-06?
The recoil of the 25-06 will obviously depend on bullet weight and how hot your loads are (if you reload). But I can tell you it isn't bad at all—just a little more than a 243. Both my daughters are in their late 20's now and they have been shooting 25-06's since Junior High. The best thing is as you say, take your granddaughter out and let her shoot it. Thanks