25 06

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying you won a Savage Axis chambered in 25-06?
The recoil of the 25-06 will obviously depend on bullet weight and how hot your loads are (if you reload). But I can tell you it isn't bad at all—just a little more than a 243. Both my daughters are in their late 20's now and they have been shooting 25-06's since Junior High. The best thing is as you say, take your granddaughter out and let her shoot it. Thanks
Thanks appreciate the response I just did not want to have to buy more types of rounds. I already feed enough with the calibers I use

Thanks appreciate the response I just did not want to have to buy more types of rounds. I already feed enough with the calibers I use
Interested in selling the 25-06 ? I'm in PA about a hour + away.

Last edited:
.117 Sierra spider boat tail...cheap and plentiful...family has been killin' deer with it since the late 60's with no problem. Guess it's time tested then..
Nice! We all have our favorites but I always say—go with what works and what you have confidence in. There is a lot to be said about confidence when it comes to shooting and accuracy. If you have something that works, you like, and you have confidence in, I say roll with it. Thanks

I haven't had mine out for deer yet.
That will be this year.
But I'm planning on either the 115gr Nosler Ballistic Tip or 115gr Berger VLD over RL22.

Though I do have some 120 Partitions and HPBT Sierra GameKings I could try out also.
My Ruger SSLH likes the 115 gr. NBTs or 115 Partitions. As in anything, shoot the one your rifle shoots the best, but everything I have ever hit with one of those blue tips, or partitions, has been RND.

100 grain Hornady Interlock Flat Base has always been my go-to in the 25-06. Now that Hornady has abandoned this bullet, I'm looking at Partitions and Hot Cores.

Hornady Interlock Flat Base
9 ½
56.7 Grain
H4831sc
.72 MOA out of my old ADL and .75 out of my Classic.