25-06.

Jeff25

Hello all and thank you for letting me join. I have an older Savage 112 FLVSS in 25-06. I'm looking to go long range with it , with 130 gr bullets. Do any of who have experience with such of a set up? Also I'm having a hard time finding a chassis that is cut for a left hand Savage Long Action. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 😊

Welcome to forum from Wyoming. My 25-06 with 10 twist will stabilize 120 and 117 grain bullets very well. I have not tried anything heavier. I would like to hear your results if you do test the 130s.

G'day, and welcome from Australia.
I have a few 25-06's, a 257AI and a 257 Bee, all have 10" twists. I run the 115g Berger for extended ranges, however, with out a 1:8" twist you're going to find anything above 120g unsuitable.
The Berger does a very fine job.

Cheers.

I agree with the above. If you have a 10 twist run the lighter hammer HHT or a 115 Berger. A 10 twist will not stabilize a 130 class bullet.

I'm a lefty,most stocks can be modified if the action portion of chassis is flat on top, on both sides to clear any bolt stops and port.,some have the material removed in the saftey area for rh or Lh,but no bolt notch.I've made several RH,LH out of wood,plastic and aluminum.I prefer LH bolt,RH eject
Minor machining a Savage RH bolt action into a LH bolt ,RH eject, is not difficult,finding the left hand bolt body can be.
Milling machine is a lefy's No. 1 tool or friend with one.
KRG Bravo,Decent stock for winter time,outer stock is composite,inner is a aluminum.
I just milled a cheap rh TRYBE to lh,made buy MDT to turn a Savage 110 PCS handgun into LHB,RHP rifle.
PDC Customs makes on of the best,he makes LH,he also will make it ambi,he has done several that way for LH CZ457's with extra clearence for RH safety next to bolt stop.