25-06

My Savage bvss ( heavy barreled 26") I use combind technologies 115 grain silvertip supremes. I have used this load for many years. Imr 4350 51.5 grains wlr primer seated to 2.270 oal. .5 moa all day. This load was developed long ago.. there now are possibly better powders and seating depths I have not experimented with, but this gun shot just about anything well. Someday I'm gonna tinker with it with h-4350, h-4831 and RL-17 also seating depths.

I have a 25-06 AI that I have been shooting out to 700 yds recently. 115 Bergers and H1000 work really good. I am getting 3360 fps. I got faster speeds with 7828 but I was over pressure on and off and it just was not as consistent as the H1000.

I have a 25-06 AI that I have been shooting out to 700 yds recently. 115 Bergers and H1000 work really good. I am getting 3360 fps. I got faster speeds with 7828 but I was over pressure on and off and it just was not as consistent as the H1000.
Hey, glad to see another .25-06 AI shooter on here. I shoot the 115 Bergers and 7828 SSC. I'm having pretty good results with the 7828 SSC, but have had a random overpressure incident already. I might have to give H1000 a try, I have several pounds of that, as well.

My current load is a 90 gr. Sierra ahead of some IMR 4350 and it's shooting great. Haven't tried any of the heavy stuff yet. Just moved to the Richmond, VA. area. Soon as I find a rifle range and set up my stuff I'll be looking at trying the heavier bullets.

Started with a 2.5lb trigger job, H4350 for my son's Ruger heavy barrel 77 with sub MOA but he wanted smaller groups. Went with H4831SC and the Berger 115 VLD, 210M primers in Hornady brass. With little tweaks it now consistently shoots .331 and has taken Javelina at 500+. (Note) he purchased this rifle off Backpage with 2 wood stocks, 2 scopes and a very nice soft case for $280. I can't find decent priced junk on there. Luck I guess.

Hey, glad to see another .25-06 AI shooter on here. I shoot the 115 Bergers and 7828 SSC. I'm having pretty good results with the 7828 SSC, but have had a random overpressure incident already. I might have to give H1000 a try, I have several pounds of that, as well.

Hi MudRunner. We have spoke about the 7828 previously I think. I was also having problems with over pressure when using 7828. I was using the regular and not the SSC. What kind of speeds are you seeing? My speeds seem very close. Shot a few 2" inch groups at 500 yards, and shot about a 5" at 700 yards the other day in light winds.

Hi MudRunner. We have spoke about the 7828 previously I think. I was also having problems with over pressure when using 7828. I was using the regular and not the SSC. What kind of speeds are you seeing? My speeds seem very close. Shot a few 2" inch groups at 500 yards, and shot about a 5" at 700 yards the other day in light winds.
To be honest, I haven't chrono'd my final load yet, as I haven't gotten my load perfected. Last time I was shooting it was when I had the primer explode, and I never finished working up my load. I might try to finish it up soon and get it dialed-in and chrono'd.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.