Your favorite cartridge based off .30-06?

I'm curious what everyone's favorite cartridge is that's based off the .30-06? But more importantly, why is that your favorite? Is it the .280 Rem? 338-06 because you hunt elk? .30-06 because that's what you learned with? Just a friendly discussion that just might influence someone's future build.
I would have to say the 25-06. With the right bullet and correct zero will bring down near any North American big game animal!!!

I'm curious what everyone's favorite cartridge is that's based off the .30-06? But more importantly, why is that your favorite? Is it the .280 Rem? 338-06 because you hunt elk? .30-06 because that's what you learned with? Just a friendly discussion that just might influence someone's future build.
Shot 30-06 in 1965/1968 then started shooting
Remington 700 - 264 Magnum 140gr. And still love it. Very fast, flat shooting rifle and it doesn't ruin any meat. I've killed lots of Deer and Elk with it over the years and many at 500+ yards

I've built a .270 Ackley Improved, a 30-06, and a 35 Whelen. All three rifles are Ruger 77s. I built the .270 Ackley because of the recoil and because it is a flat shooting cartridge. I built a 30-06 because the round is so versatile and I can use it as a backup rifle for the .270 AI for whitetail deer and also as a backup rifle for black bear hunting. And....last but not least is the 35 Whelen, because it gets the job done on black bear. And.....out to 300 yards I would not hesitate to use it on any of the game that I hunt. At one of the last black bear outfitters where we hunted, our guide asked us what we were hunting with (the outfitter was cartridge specific) and we said "35 Whelens" ; and.. he smiled. I then asked him the reason for the smile and he said, "Because with the Whelen we don't have to track them." With the .270 Ackley Improved build (3-4 years ago) I use a 26 inch Lilja 1:10 twist barrel. However with the heavier bullets that are available today, I might consider building the same system only with a 1:8 twist for the heavier bullets. The 30-06 that I had put together also has a 26 inch, 1:10 twist Lilja barrel, and the 35 Whelen is the factory 22 inch barrel that is a JES rebore 1:14. For me personally all of the bases for anything I want to have are all covered. The .270 Ackley Improved is one of the most underrated cartridges on the market today. P.O. Ackley did this cartridge a huge disservice when he wrote that it was already a too overbored cartridge and not worth improving. Well that was like 60 years ago when the powder selections were limited. With the new powders today, comparing the .270 AI against the new "hot rod" cartridges there's not enough difference in ballistics to warrant building a hot rod. If one has to eek out every single "foot-per-second" then "yes" that's the way to go, however just honestly put in all of the variables when comparing the hot-rod to the .270 Ackley. And......with this statement, this probably is where the fight begins👍:);)

It has to be the 270 win. 60 gr of 4831 130grain Nosler partition, have shot everything from cape buffalo to deer once shot a elephant using solids 150 gr. frontal brain shot. that I do not recommend. but did it on a bet, It is all shot placement but to get down, it is just snob appeal and the man behind it

. 35 Whelan.

280 is my favorite but I have to bring up the 35 Whelen I was lucky to get a 700 classic from the Chairman of Remington I loaded up 5 rds of 5 differant bullets weights from 200 gr to 250 grs I shot all 25 at the same target 1 1/4 inch group at one hundred yards with all 25 rounds Still have the target

Mine is clearly the .25-06. It may be the perfect deer cartridge. It shoots as flat was a 7MM Rem magnum. The recoil is mild. It's extremely accurate & easy to shoot well with either inexpensive factory ammunition or handloads. It will drop a deer farther off than real-world hunting situations present, and it does so without blowing cannonball sized holes in game — even at close range. While we have lots of firearms to reach for, that's the one I see myself reaching for most often.

My .25-06 shoots well with every factory load I've gotten my hands on — so well I don't need to reload for it. Everyone else I've known with a .25-06 has told me the same thing, these rifles are not at all picky about ammunition. I can't say that about many rifles or cartridges.

Hunting with 30-06 , ten years, then got a 7mm love the way it shoots great gun , 06 is the big wood's gun now it is a BAR 220 gr for thick woods

Right now, 338/06, but I really like my 6.5x06, but I really also like all 3 of my 30/06's. I have also had 25/06, 270,280,8mm Gibbs, 35 Whelen AI, 35 Brown Whelen and liked them all at one time. And I can't forget my 35 Whelen that I still have.
I have killed or seen killed mule deer, blacktail deer, caribou, bighorn sheep and elk with a plain old 30/06. Somewhere I saw a picture of what was supposed to be the world record brown bear that showed it was killed with 30/06. If I had to own only one rifle it would be a 30/06.

For me the 280 Remington does it. It is what the .270 almost is (or should have been). Will do anything the 06 will do with the right bullets and shot placement. (love me the 140/160 accubonds). It does all of this with good manners. I have a .280 configured with a Remington 700 action with a McGowen barrel screwed on to it. This rifle is probably the most accurate one in my collection. I am a big fan of the 7mm caliber.

I like both the 30-06 & 270. I've harvested a lot of different game animals with the 270, the 30-06 is used when I want a little more oomph for a specific game animal.

Newton first introduced 256 Newton 100 years ago 6.5 x 06 is one accurate round but you can but 30 06 any were and you can buy 280 AI ammo or 280/ 7mm express of the shelf