Whats your favorite RUM?

cohunt

So, what is your favorite U.M. for hunting and why?
7, 300, 338, 375, edge, edge +p , other ?????

Why?

Is the extra powder usage worth the gain over wsm, wm?

What about increase in recoil? How heavy is your rifle? What about barrel life?

How much further can you shoot, how much more velocity do you gain in equal length barrels over wsm or wm? How long are you loading ?

Screenshot_20230712_175635_Chrome.jpg

I don't have a RUM (I'm also out of the other kind of rum). If I did the .300 is an easy winner. Although I do need a .375 of some kind in my collection….

The 7mm rum seems like too much of a good thing…and the .300 is almost enough! 🤣

We need to have custom barrels and bullets made that split the difference !!!! .296" is halfway between .284 and .308…we'll name it after this fine website, the .290 LRH!

If I can find a decent rifle for my daughters, I'll start exploring the 338 version a little more serious.

300 is my personal favorite, with monos being able to stand up to higher twist rates/ velocities I don't feel the need to step down to a 7 to shoot lighter bullets. Only have 1 right now (other two were changed to 30SMs) but it's a carbon barrel in an HS stock that weighs about 8#. TBAC 338 Ultra can, and it shoots pretty darn nice.

I run a 338 Edge for light class ELR, it's an easy button solution with ADG brass available.

PTG has a 6.5 RUM reamer that has been calling my name though....